TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Parks Can You Easily Drive To From NYC?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New York City is a big place, depending where you are starting from can influence your drive time by 1 hour.

From Manhattan you can get to SFGAdv in about 90 minutes. I drove from Manhattan to Knoebels in just under 3 hours on Saturday.

Other estimated drive times with no traffic from midtown Manhattan:

Luna Park: 30 minutes

Rye Playland: 30 minutes

Lake Compunce: 90 minutes

SFNE: 2.5 hours

Dorney: 2 hours

Hershey: 4 hours

Great Escape: 3 hours

Right around NYC there is Rye Playland, Victoria Gardens, Krazy City, Luna Park, and the Coney Island Cyclone.

If you go further out, you can reach several of the parks that larrygator mentioned above along with some of the New Jersey parks such as Bowcraft Playland, Keansburg Amusement Park, Morey's Piers, etc.

I95, at least between Baltimore and New Haven, CT is riddled with constructions zones. During weekday nights, they close off lanes and create massive congestions. On Tuesday, I left SFNE 9:10 PM and crossed George Washington Bridge 00:59 the next day due to two work zones on I95 portion of the trip. On the NJ side, they shut down the entire length of passenger car lanes between Newark and exit 8. This will impact return trip to north from SFGrAdv. Maybe additional 30 minutes....

==

¡pǝʇɐɹɹǝʌo ǝɹɐ suoısɹǝʌuı