TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2011 Theme Park Review Trip Deposits!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, is the NE trip full, I might could try and make it still, or maybe not. How much you figure it would be trip+airfare+expenses. It's a long shot, like from the moon, but I might "need" to do this, if theres space and I can force the cash from somewhere.

Hey, is the NE trip full, I might could try and make it still, or maybe not. How much you figure it would be trip+airfare+expenses. It's a long shot, like from the moon, but I might "need" to do this, if theres space and I can force the cash from somewhere.

There is still room!

sorry this is random but is their a TPR trip that would include Florida ever gonna happen?

Funny you should mention that...we were JUST discussing this very thing!

The main reason why we have not done it, is the cost involved. For a "TPR Trip", we wouldn't put people up in some crappy Orlando hotel, it would have to be in TPR Style, either renting out luxury houses, or staying on site at either Disney or Universal.

There aren't any real discounts to be had at Disney, and ERT or anything "special" without booking one of their already pre-packaged tours (and expensive) tours that we could pull off.

I'm sure we can get something at Universal and the Busch Parks, though.

For a week in Orlando, and for us to get some decently cool stuff, it would probably be well above the cost of one of our other USA trips.

That being said, we want to do it, and we WILL do it at some point, but just how we pull it off is what we need to figure out....

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - Northeast Trip Has Open Spots!!!!

We had to go to wait list only for awhile on this trip but now due to some drops we have spots open again! Grab them quick before it fills up again!

Again to recap:

Southern Japan - Open Spots!

Tokyo Japan - Open Spots!

North East USA - Open Spots!

Road to Cedar Point - Waitlist Only!

Really, I think I'm going with all Marvel superhero underwear for the trip.

It wouldn't be the first time someone's done themed underwear for a trip. I usually go for all-Nintendo boxers on TPR trips. Although I might have enough "classic video game" boxers to do a whole theme, and I'm getting close to a good Dr. Seuss collection!

Hey guys just a question, this is my first post and I have been following the forums for quite a while. I'm from Brisbane which is 45 minutes from Movieworld, Dreamworld and Wet'nWild. And I would love to come to the parks on the days that TPR is there but I understand with ERT and all that it costs and everything and that I would not be able to join in on those things but spending the day with the everyone cant be forbidden right?

Hey guys just a question, this is my first post and I have been following the forums for quite a while. I'm from Brisbane which is 45 minutes from Movieworld, Dreamworld and Wet'nWild. And I would love to come to the parks on the days that TPR is there but I understand with ERT and all that it costs and everything and that I would not be able to join in on those things but spending the day with the everyone cant be forbidden right?

I'm sure Elissa will put up the itinerary when we get closer to the trip and your more then welcome to meet up with the group. But I recommend that you come with a friend. Not to be rude but it is hard to fit into established groups. Remember, we will have been together for a few days already and started forming new friendships and renewing old ones. We don't normally hang out as one large group, we break up into a number of smaller groups when we are at the parks. Unless you have the right kind of personality it may be hard to fit into a group. I don't want to discourage you from showing up, I just want you to know what to expect and not be disappointed.

Robb and Elissa are very approachable and friendly but don't be disappointed if they can't spend more then a moment chatting with you. You have to realize that they are working even when we are in a park. There are a number of behind the scene things that need to be done so that they can present the best trip possible for the people paying for the trip.

If I join for say a single park just to hang out with TPR, would I be able to be included in the ERT sessions? Or would that only be for people on the entire trip?

Unfortunately No, ERT is for Trip participants only. The only exception is when TPR holds TPR Event at a park during an TPR Tour.

Edited by larrygator

• 3 weeks later...

Now, I'm quite confused whether I shall book my trip now. Theme parks, one of my weaknesses, that's why I'm so undecided about this one.

My only concern is the tight budget I have. I'll probably figure out if I can get cheap flights or discount coupons to save money when I travel.

• 2 weeks later...
WTF does that even mean?

That's one of the best posts ever!

See I was going to come out and say hi (read get on the drinks with you guys!) and offer to answer any VRTP questions for anyone who might be interested in the trip, but glad I read you'll be too busy. I'll stay in the office instead

Now, I'm quite confused whether I shall book my trip now. Theme parks, one of my weaknesses, that's why I'm so undecided about this one.

My only concern is the tight budget I have. I'll probably figure out if I can get cheap flights or discount coupons to save money when I travel.

If your budget is tight, you might wanna read how other members save up for trips:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27861