TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pic of the Meteor monorail roller coaster

I was just zipping around surfing the web and I found a picture from 1967 of the Meteor roller coaster that used to exist in Wildwood, NJ. A company is selling it, so I will not post it here, as I do not own the picture, but here is the link to the page on amazon if you'd like to look at this rare coaster. Quite cool actually. It's item #44. Enjoy. Oh, and has anyone here ever ridden it?

(EDIT, oops, thanks so much Capatalize, I guess as they add items, it changes item number!)

www.amazon.com/Meteor-Roller-Coaster-Wildwood-Photographic/dp/B00334A0OG/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1279870263&sr=1-45

Peace!

KC

Edited by KCForce

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How did a coaster like that slip past my radar? I haven't seen anything like it.

I had only seen one very small picture of this coaster before with a close up of the train. I love this picture because it shows most of the ride. It started out at Freedom Land USA, and then went to Wildwood to the Sportland Peir. Sportland Pier had a Gallaxy later on by the same name. Here's the info I found at rcdb.com:

www.rcdb.com/2807.htm

It's a very unique coaster, and one of the earliest steel coasters if it was around in 1957...I also have seen a picture in Robert Coker's Book that shows a steel coaster from the same time period of a similar type coaster that ran on a triangular track. But Matterhorn at Disneyland is still the first tubular steel track coaster from what I can determine, coming along in 1959.

I wonder how it rode? Looks like it would be fairly smooth, but who knows?

Edited by KCForce