TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone interested in buying Mr. Hydes nasty falls from GL?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting in light of what's going on with SFMM's Freefall right now too. Maybe there is some kind of requirement they replace ride vehicles or something, and CF has decided just to get rid of them rather than updating.

Also, maybe this is the "coaster" for sale at CP that the guy from El Paso was looking at... :?

It is pretty sad when a MAJOR park operator has a ride that has "good, good, fair" listed as it's condition.

Well, what do you expect, it was moved two times (from what I hear) and was neglected by SF during the SFWoA era.

Mr. Hyde was at SFGAm, then it was moved to Rocky Point Park and operated there until the park closed. After that, Premier bought it and installed it at GL the year after.

Wasn't Hyde's in a major accident during its stay at SFGAm?

I just think they are selling them because they are now an "outdated" ride for a major park. I remember the first time I rode DD at CP... it was back in '86 and then it was like "wow.... a ride that drops you....ooooohhhh". Now you look at it, look down the midway to Power Tower, and look back at DD and laugh.

Shari "Maybe one will end up here at Old Coney" Shoufler

Demon Drop is actually quite the maintenance nightmare as well. That thing breaks down like its it's job, so it's not a huge surprise that they want to get rid of it. It has seen quite a bit of downtime this year. I am a big fan of the ride and all of the other 1st gens, but I know its a troublesome ride, and I'm sure they'll replace it with something worthwile.

• 11 months later...