TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most disturbing movie you've ever seen?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally caught The Exorcism of Emily Rose, that really chills, it's a very disturbing film even though it doesn't have gallons of gore. Jennifer Carpenter is brilliant in it, and I'm not just saying that because she's John Carpenter's (I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!) daughter.

Happiness. Essentially a non gory movie(there are some scenes) but the sexual content is pretty damn extreme. Even more messed up is it is very funny, but because its funny it's disturbing. This goes on tons of lists and always surprises people because its not gory and has some celebrities including Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but the film also has pedophilia(not shown) and rape(semi shown) but as said it is funny. Lets just say that there is one scene where a man explains to his eleven year old son why he is a pedophile...very cringe inducing. If your wondering how I find these films this one is a simple explanation... I REALLY like dark comedy and this one is a good one. I believe it has an 87% on rotten tomatoes and it is a great indie film, but as mentioned VERY disturbing.

^Happiness is an incredible film. Very hilarious, very disturbing, very dark, and many cringe-inducing moments. It's also one of the greatest films I've seen. I highly recommend it to fans of black comedy and to those who are not easily offended. I'm proud to have it in my DVD collection.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a series of movies in a series called August Underground that are universally known as being the most messed up films ever made. I was going to post a synopsis(I refuse to watch the film after reading the synopsis) but Jesus Christ... I am literally sickened by reading it now. The movies (at least the first one) are considered to be very good among HARD CORE horror fans, but I am not touching this one. According to the synopsis we've got pedophilia, infanticide, and tons of other messed up things... Once again I will not watch it... EVER.

Dude. Holy fuck. I feel unclean just reading a synopsis on those things. That thing is absolutely disgusting and would probably make me puke my intestines out if I watched it... and I've watched 2 girls 1 cup without problem. (Though that's not to say it isn't extremely gross either.)

P2, late at night by myself (unless you count my dog) with very few lights on.

I felt like someone was watching me or something.

Second on the list would be some Korean horror movie I saw awhile ago. Forgot the name of it but it was just crazy. I think it's also the fact that you don't quite understand it too (yes, I was ignoring the subtitles).

• 2 months later...

I love horror movies but I can't say that I have seen a lot that totally disturbed me although I can't deal with rape scenes. The one in The Hills Have Eyes and especially the one in Monster(with Charlize Theron) were pretty rough. I also can handle lots of gore but the first Hostel had some scenes I could hardly watch like when the guy was burning the girls eye out with the blow torch=ROUGH! I think I can say that Hostel is the only movie that was pretty disturbing to me. Although, come to think of it, as far as scary, Vacancy and The Strangers were pretty terrifying. Anything that can happen in real life is much scarier!

There is a series of movies in a series called August Underground that are universally known as being the most messed up films ever made. I was going to post a synopsis(I refuse to watch the film after reading the synopsis) but Jesus Christ... I am literally sickened by reading it now. The movies (at least the first one) are considered to be very good among HARD CORE horror fans, but I am not touching this one. According to the synopsis we've got pedophilia, infanticide, and tons of other messed up things... Once again I will not watch it... EVER.

Dude. Holy fudge. I feel unclean just reading a synopsis on those things. That thing is absolutely disgusting and would probably make me puke my intestines out if I watched it... and I've watched 2 girls 1 cup without problem. (Though that's not to say it isn't extremely gross either.)

F**k it. I lied before. I'm daring myself to watch August Underground... cause I'll feel hardcore. I'll review as soon as I see it!

I have watched August Underground's Mordum. I have never seen a movie that messed up. I promise you, some images will stay with you. It is almost not enjoyable to watch and I felt dirty after watching it.

I guess there is a whole trilogy of them, but i watched the second one (I guess).

• 5 weeks later...

I got a pretty high tolerance for blood guts gore and I like psychological movies. To most people I know probably wont get to you but in the second alien vs predator when the alien goes into the hospital maternity ward and impregantes (sp?) the woman by making them go down her throat was way to much. Maybe because I'm a girl? I don't know but the rest of the movie was cool. Also the concept of hostel is disturbing enough to make me not want to stay at a hostel. Hostel 2 I won't even go near because I heard that they rape women in that movie.

I got a pretty high tolerance for blood guts gore and I like psychological movies. To most people I know probably wont get to you but in the second alien vs predator when the alien goes into the hospital maternity ward and impregantes (sp?) the woman by making them go down her throat was way to much. Maybe because I'm a girl? I don't know but the rest of the movie was cool. Also the concept of hostel is disturbing enough to make me not want to stay at a hostel. Hostel 2 I won't even go near because I heard that they rape women in that movie.

I agree that part of the movie was very crazy. I don't know though, if there really is a movie, that I deem disturbing to the fullest.

Im going to be cliche and throw in the human centipede. I have seen worse before, but the pure level of messed upness that just went in to creating the plot is awesomely twisted. I pretty much watch all the messed up movies(still haven't seen serbian though) and this one sort of got to me as the plot was strange, but it made me laugh in a messed up sort of way. The concept remindd me of Asian Horror, which as a rule I find to be much more intense than American horror, but it was in an American setting. The two girls were awful actors, the japanese guy was pretty good, but the doctor was awesome. I also HIGHLY recommend the human centipede the musical on youtube.

Next messed up movie I plan to watch :Irreversible, which I have heard is pretty messed up, but someone I respect says it is very thought provoking and interesting, just effed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a movie last night calle The House of the Devil that really creeped me out. Nothing really happens in most of the movie but the ending had a lot of action. It was shot like it was in the 80's and it was grainy looking. The whole thing was just creepy.

The PoughKeepsie tapes! Its sooo messed up! The last scene after the credits, it shows the killer and the victim and he says "I'll make you a deal... don't blink". And shes there, eyes bleeding, and she blinks and then it goes dark...

• 4 weeks later...