TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Six Flags Great America - Friday, Aug 13th!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting more and more excited for this event! It'll be my me and my girlfriend's first official TPR event, and we can't wait to meet everybody!

You definitely need to come say hi to me! I'll be on the trip.

Look forward to meeting everyone! Gonna be a blast!

I had another Six Flags dream last night - getting more and more excited! This one I was on Whizzer and grabbed a tree as we went by it and flew out of the coaster, spinning through the air. And then somehow landing in a seat on Viper but facing backwards.

Well it looks like its going to be raining all week next week, but I usually dont listen to the weather anyways because 90% of the time they are wrong. Its still over a week away too so anything can happen to the weather still. I am just hoping the weather stays away so everyone can have a great time.

^^ The forecast will change a bazillion times before Friday - the only remotely accurate forecast will be the one on Friday morning. Don't sweat it - the weather will do whatever it wants, and we'll all have a totally amazing time no matter the weather.

Cameron.

I usually dont worry about the weather anyways (I went to six flags on a day when I couldn't see out my car window because it was raining so hard, but when I got to the park it was clear all day. Forecast for the day was rain all day). If it says it rains I only expect very little rain thats all, which sometime can kill a few hours of your day. Regardless I think me and everyone else is still going to have a great time even if it does rain.

I remember going to the park in high school and it rained before noon and so many people left. After about 1, it was clear and they started opening rides back up and we had little to no lines. We waited out the rain in the arcades and watched a show. Then ran around going WOOO! NO CROWDS! WOO! I'm sure

I remember going to the park in high school and it rained before noon and so many people left. After about 1, it was clear and they started opening rides back up and we had little to no lines. We waited out the rain in the arcades and watched a show. Then ran around going WOOO! NO CROWDS! WOO! I'm sure

An even more surprisingly half the arcade at SFGAm are not that bad too. They actually maintain most of their machines and they get new ones too. I was so shocked to find a in the groove cabinet 2 years ago, and it still is working and is now at the Southwest Territory arcade. I never watched a movie or show at Great America... I dont really like to see many movies and I hate plays and anything like them. if all else fails and your in need for coaster credits you can also ride The Dark Knight when its raining.

For those people driving in - is it worth it to buy parking in advance online? Does that make the line to get in the park faster?

I imagine the line will go fast, considering how early we would be getting into the parking lot, so you should be fine with paying right at the booths.

We're staying the night before across the street from the Park, but I don't know if we'll be too tired to walk back to the hotel at night. Or of the hotel would care that we leave our car there all day since we aren't staying that night too. I thought parking was $15. Hum.......