TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Six Flags Great America - Friday, Aug 13th!

^Wow, that sounds like an awesome day. I'm glad I'm going!

I always love when they tell the GP that a ride is closed while we are riding.

As long as it's run better than their attempts at "Coasters after Dark," last year. But yes, it makes you feel all special!

Can't wait for the back stage tour, and the lunch Q&A. Those are always my favorite parts of these events.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there still time to sign up? And how much does it cost?

Pricing is within the first post of the thread as is timing, sign up ASAP.

First Post of Thread

Once tickets are sold out Robb will make an announcement and change the title or sub-title of this thread

Edited by larrygator

I'm not expecting a Scooby Doo's Spooky Coaster, but Dark Knight looks pretty cool. Loved the movie, I hear the pre show rocks, and the ride is ok. I'm looking forward to riding and checking it out on the walkback! Sounds like very GREAT opportunities to take lots of photos

-Zach

^Dark Knight isn't a bad ride, it was just poorly marketed. My only complaint is that it is a little too fast to see what is going on and the larger drops can hurt sometimes. Although, the speed does make those first switchbacks a lot of fun.

Awesome, I can't wait for the event. This event keeps getting better, and it'll be great to take part in a real TPR event. I'm still trying to figure out what a backstage tour of Superman would entail, although I'm sure it will still be a lot of fun.

Airtime-should be a busy but very fun day-&Gravity

Uggg...

My transmission went out on my car. Gonna cost me $1700 to get fixed. Looks like I am gonna have to skip this event as much as I don't want to.

I may still be able to do the kings dominium trip on the 22'nd though.

I have had nothing but bad luck this year. It seems like every weekend, I have a wedding, or graduation, and now car problems.

I am considering going, but:

1. I am not sure if my parents will let me go by myself (they probably would, seeing as I have yet to spend a night away from home without parents and I move in at Grand Valley in less than a month).

2. I would either have to drive a long ways (I live about six hours away) or fly into Milwaukee (the airport in my hometown has a nonstop flight to Milwaukee) and find a ride from the airport in Milwaukee.

Signed up yesterday, can't wait for the day to come! Two questions though,

Besides season passes, do we have to bring any receipts or anything like that?

Are we going to get anything (like the event packet) that we should plan on buying a lock.er for?

Uggg...

My transmission went out on my car. Gonna cost me $1700 to get fixed. Looks like I am gonna have to skip this event as much as I don't want to.

I have had nothing but bad luck this year. It seems like every weekend, I have a wedding, or graduation, and now car problems.

Would you want to carpool with me? I am 95% sure that I'm going. I'll be leaving Flint on Thursday.

Uggg...

Would you want to carpool with me? I am 95% sure that I'm going. I'll be leaving Flint on Thursday.

Thank you for the offer, but all my money for the next few weeks will be tied up in my car. I should be good for the kings D trip though.

Even with being a shy and quiet TPR member, I'm super excited to attend my first TPR event. I think everything planned sounds great! My friends think I'm crazy for going to meet up with people I've never met before, on my own, for an event like this. I told them I've seen videos of other trips and events, followed trip reports, and I just can't imagine that I won't have a great time! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who's attending. See ya in 2 weeks!

Would anyone be interested in splitting a hotel room to save some money?

If I go, I would be interested in that.

Well, you better make up your mind pretty quickly - tickets stop being sold in about 8 hours!

--Robb

WOW! This is going to be the FUN-tastic day! Just getting caught up on the thread after busy weeks with work!

Besides SFGAm being one of the best parks in the SF chain, and being full of all sorts of awesome rides and attractions, anyone coming to the event will...

GET TO MEET ICE BAT!!!

dt

Just learned that many members along myself will get to meet many TPR celebrities in PERSON basing on what I'm reading on this thread. I have been following TPR since 2005. I know my profile said 2007 but I was under jsguilkey prior 2007 before I switch over CoasterWarriors in 2007. I have enjoyed many posts by Chuck Campbell, DT, and many more! I'm already signed up like a day after it was announced so I'm pumped!

I can't wait. This event will the be start of my long overdue vacation.

Same here!

Can't wait to see & meet everyone. We are staying at Super 8 which is about 5 miles from SFGAm for like $70 so it's not bad and then we are heading to Wisconsin Dells, Little Amerrika on the 14th-15th and Indiana Beach on the way back home.

It will be fun! If I'm taking picture of you TPR celebrities, don't mind me... consider me as TPR Paparazzi... Anyway... I'M STOKED TO BE THERE ALREADY!

269489094_Screenshot2010-08-01at12_18_42AM.png.3aa1049e18355858b396f1c78864180b.png

^ I think I have a theme song you could use for the SFGAm day!

I also can't wait... It's going to be a great event at a park that I love with backstage tours and ERT!

GaGa needs to collab with Leslie Hall BADLY. And I'm most looking forward to the backstage tours!