TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Day at Six Flags Great America - Friday, Aug 13th!

Theme Park Review is pleased to announce a "TPR Member Day" at Six Flags Great America on Friday, August 13th!

Details and Registration: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=117

This event is open to ALL Theme Park Review members and their guests.

The event includes:

- Two hours of evening ERT including Little Dipper, Viper, and Raging Bull.

- Behind the Scenes Tour

- Q&A Session with park management

- Group Lunch

- First rides on Superman

- Lots of fun with fellow TPR members!

Six Flags Great America - Friday, August 13th

(As always, Schedule is subject to change and ride availability may change due to unforeseen circumstances)

9:00am - 9:30am - Event Packet Pickup at the main entrance to the park

9:45am - Walk back to Superman

10:00am - First Rides on Superman!

1:00pm - Group lunch in picnic area (near Batman)

1:30pm - Q & A Session

2:00pm - Backstage Tour - Including Superman, Dark Knight, Landscaping department, park boneyard to see some "retired ride pieces" and possibly more!

8:00 - 8:45pm - ERT on Little Dipper

8:45 - 9:15pm - ERT on Viper

9:15pm - 10:00pm - ERT on Raging Bull

(Note - the park will be closing Little Dipper and Viper early to accommodate ERT for our group)

Final schedule will be emailed to you a few days prior to the event. More fun and surprises may be announced soon!

The cost for this event is as follows:

$37.00 for Season Pass Holders

$52.00 for Non-Season Pass Holders

Tickets are limited so if you are interested in this day, please register NOW!

Please Note! ERT Attractions are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I was really hoping this would pull through ever since we started speculating the Midwest Bash. I'm definately coming, but the one question is this: For someone who hasnt bought a TPR card or a SF pass yet (though constantly debating on which), what would be the best option price-wise?

For someone who hasnt bought a TPR card or a SF pass yet (though constantly debating on which), what would be the best option price-wise?

Just pay for the non-season pass holder price. Not sure if you noticed but this is NOT a "Club TPR Only" Event - It's open to TPR Forum members as well. So just get their tickets as a guest, or have them register for the forum!

--Robb

I guess that works too. I was just thinking in the long run...Initially I was planning on hitting SFA, SFOG, SFGAm, SFFT, and SFOT this year. The SFA/SFOG trip might not go through and thats where I could have got the cheap passes. On the other hand, the awesomeness of the Club TPR card gives a pretty good discount on admission, and I really want to hit some more events this year like PPP and Ride Warriors at my homepark of Kings Island.....

The only thing I got to worry about is getting my Season Pass (Yeah it is from Kentucky Kingdom, Go Figure) process as soon the office open. But other than that, I'm good to go!

Here are the TPR Celebrity Roster that is coming to TPR Day at Six Flags Great America:

- Robb Alvey

- Elissa Alvey

- KidTums

- Mr. Terror Himself, Dave

- Camera of Doom John

- Diabetic Dan

- Mr. Photo - Hanno

- More as we find out!

The only thing I got to worry about is getting my Season Pass (Yeah it is from Kentucky Kingdom, Go Figure) process as soon the office open. But other than that, I'm good to go!

I would actually call them to find out what time the office will open that morning. In the event that we do end up doing something in the morning, if you don't have a processed pass, they won't let you in until you get your pass processed.

--Robb

I want to clear up a bit of confusion that our event announcement today may

have created.

The TPR Member Day at Six Flags Great America on Friday August 13th is open

to *ALL* TPR Members, not just Club TPR members!

If you are a member of the TPR forum (meaning if you are receiving this

email) then you are invited to the Great America day and all you need to do

to register for the event is buy tickets through the TPR Store.

You *DO NOT* need to be a member of Club TPR to attend the Great America

TPR Day or East Coast Bash at Kings Dominion.

To register for the Great America event, click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=117

To register for East Coast Bash, click here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?productID=116

See you at Six Flags Great America or Kings Dominion and sorry for the

confusion - we thought we made it clear (really! We did!)

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

Do you have an approximate time of when this would be starting and ending?

It might help if you READ the freaking event details.

1. You *MUST* meet the group at the Six Flags Great America Entrance Plaza at 9:00am on Friday, August 13th.

- 90 Minutes of evening ERT including Little Dipper, Viper, and Raging Bull.

This is probably a stupid question, but will the evening ERT be after close?

Yes. Please keep in mind that we don't have a final schedule yet, and like it says on the event details page:

Final schedule will be emailed to you a few days prior to the event. More fun and surprises may be announced soon!

This is an all-day event. You should assume you'll be at the park from 9am until 10:30pm. If you can't make the all day event I would probably not advise registering. Unless you want to leave before the evening ERT, but I kind of see that as being a major part of the event.

We will NOT have a way to get you the event tickets and wristbands AFTER event packet pickup at 9:00am, so if you are late, you basically forfeit going to the event and there are NO REFUNDS. Please keep that in mind.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Looks like I am going to be going. This should be a interesting trip for me as I get to hang out with some other coaster nerds. I was also supposed to be ending my job on the 13th (because I'm going to college) but I can't miss this event! Nice choice of day btw, Friday the 13th

So it turns out this is a little far maybe to go all the way there and back in one day for us. Is there any local TPRer (not more than a half hour or hour from SFGAm) who could host my wife and I as well as Zach (PkiJIZZman) either thursday or friday night. Either one works. That or can anyone recommend a really cheap (but not roach-infested) place to crash either Thursday or Friday night? Thanks! I wouldn't ask except all the TPR members I've met have been the nicest people, so I thought we'd give it a shot!

That or can anyone recommend a really cheap (but not roach-infested) place to crash either Thursday or Friday night? Thanks! I wouldn't ask except all the TPR members I've met have been the nicest people, so I thought we'd give it a shot!

My friends and I are working on the hotel thing... we are looking for dirt cheap hotel (not roach-infested, of course) to crash on thursday night and after SFGAm, we are heading up to Wisconsin Dells, and coming back to Indiana Saturday night. If we come across with a good deal, we will pass along. We are AAA members so I'm not sure if that will be a factor to you or not. I will keep you posted.