TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

East Coast Bash - Kings Dominion - August 22nd!

Call me a n00b, but I'v ebeen automatically assuming what ERT is. Can I get the official definition?

ERT

(n.) Used frequently inside circles of theme park/roller coaster enthusiasts, it is an acronym meaning "exclusive ride time." For clubs and organizations, the park will open either allow members in earlier than the advertised time or allow them to stay in the park after the advertised time. Not all the rides will necessarily be open, however the ones that are are usually the high-profile, [E-ticket] rides.

Thank you Urban Dictionary

FYI - Just so everyone fully understands ERT. Parks do not open up rides out on the goodness of their hearts. ERT is paid for by the sponsoring club or organization.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration for the event has closed. For those of you who have registered, you will get an email with details a few days prior to the event.

--Robb

I can't wait, the last time (and only time) I've been to KD was when the XLC coaster was new...the line for that was ridiculous. I want to wear my TPR shirt but good lord it'll be hot with a black shirt. There should be lighter coloured shirts.

I have a question. How long will it take for the tickets to get here? I ordered mine two weeks ago and they haven't gotten here yet.

Did you bother to read what you signed up for? You pick up your tickets at the event. Nothing will be mailed to you.

Looking forward to the trip. Unless I can get in touch with some old friends that actually like roller coasters, I guess the wife will be my guest. She isn't one for inversions, so she won't be taking too much advantage of the ERT (except for Rebel Yell).

Speaking of Rebel Yell, somebody told me they no longer offer the backwards train.....is that true? Either way, looking forward to this trip. I've been missing the Grizzly and Hurler.

Robb -

My family and I registered for the event several weeks ago, and sadly now it looks like we may not be able to make it. If I remember correctly, there are no refunds, but I wanted to double check. If not, can these be sold to other TPR members if need be?

Thanks.

Bummer about the backwards Rebel Yell - I liked the opportunity to have that unique experience.

Finally got in touch with my cousin and he will be making the trip with me. His folks live in Williamsburg, so we will be making a weekend of it - BGW on Saturday and KD on Sunday!

Hi TPR'ers!

Sadly, my family and I will not be attending East Coast Bash as originally planned, due to conflicts with school schedules. The event is at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia on August 22. Here is the event schedule:

8:15am - 8:45am – Event Check-in

9:00am - 9:45am - ERT on Dominator

9:45am - 10:30am - ERT on Rebel Yell (Racing!)

10:30am - Park Opens - Be first in line for i305 at the start of the day!

1:30pm - Group Lunch Served at the picnic area (behind Dominator)

2:00pm - Q&A Session with park management

2:30pm - TPR Quest Game! (You don't want to miss this!)

3:30pm - Backstage tour begins (meeting location will be announced at lunch)

5:00pm - 7:00pm - Informal TPR Takeover of the waterpark (Meet near the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo area in the waterpark)

8:00pm - 9:00pm - ERT on Volcano & Flight of Fear (Lights on!)

8:00pm - 9:30pm - ERT on Intimidator 305* (YAY!!!)

There are 5 tickets that we would like to sell, so please PM me if interested!

Thanks.

Hi TPR'ers!

Sadly, my family and I will not be attending East Coast Bash as originally planned, due to conflicts with school schedules. The event is at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia on August 22. Here is the event schedule:

8:15am - 8:45am – Event Check-in

9:00am - 9:45am - ERT on Dominator

9:45am - 10:30am - ERT on Rebel Yell (Racing!)

10:30am - Park Opens - Be first in line for i305 at the start of the day!

1:30pm - Group Lunch Served at the picnic area (behind Dominator)

2:00pm - Q&A Session with park management

2:30pm - TPR Quest Game! (You don't want to miss this!)

3:30pm - Backstage tour begins (meeting location will be announced at lunch)

5:00pm - 7:00pm - Informal TPR Takeover of the waterpark (Meet near the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo area in the waterpark)

8:00pm - 9:00pm - ERT on Volcano & Flight of Fear (Lights on!)

8:00pm - 9:30pm - ERT on Intimidator 305* (YAY!!!)

There are 5 tickets that we would like to sell, so please PM me if interested!

Thanks.

Does anyone know if I can walk from Best Western to the front entrance of the park. It looks possible on Google maps, but there may be a huge fence I am missing. My wife and I are staying there Saturday night and she isn't attending the event. I would hate to have to pay for parking since she is just dropping me off.

Thanks

Yeah, whats a little pain in the rain anyways? I was wondering about the Quest game as well. This is my first official TPR event. The schedule looks awesome. If it rains though, TPR will probably do a FULL takeover at the waterpark...lol. I'm stoked non the less. We should all cross our fingers on the weather issue.

Does anyone know if I can walk from Best Western to the front entrance of the park. It looks possible on Google maps, but there may be a huge fence I am missing. My wife and I are staying there Saturday night and she isn't attending the event. I would hate to have to pay for parking since she is just dropping me off.

Thanks

You can walk from the Best Western. There is no fence and actually you don't even need to cross any highways. Just have to walk across the parking lot.