• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ridden four, and I would rank them thus:

Thunderation, Silver Dollar City

Roadrunner Express, Six Flags Fiesta Texas

River King Mine Train, Six Flags St. Louis

Big Bad John, Magic Springs

If plans work out and King's Island happens next year, I'm excited to try out Adventure Express. I hear good things.

Thunderation at SDC was my favorite, it combines the smoothness of RRE at SFFT intensity and speed! One of the only mine trains that compares to BTMR.

Worst may be Carolina Goldrusher, Trailblazer, or Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Dahlonega Mine Ride and Runaway Mine train are also both weak, but they're some of the original steel coasters so I give them some credit.

• 6 months later...
I've ridden four, and I would rank them thus:

If plans work out and King's Island happens next year, I'm excited to try out Adventure Express. I hear good things.

Well, I have now been on a couple more, so here's my new ranking:

Adventure Express, Kings Island

Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Cedar Point

I'd rank the mine trains I've been on (that I remember) something like this:

Road Runner Express (SFFT)

Thunderation (SDC)

Adventure Express (KI)

----big gap----

Runaway Mine Train (SFOT)

River King Mine Train (SFStL)

Cedar Creek Mine Ride (CP)

The SFOT mine train has really painful lift hill "chugs" but the layout is great. CCMR and RKMT are both decent but RKMT is more fun and the drop is better. CCMR is pretty boring compared to the others.

As for the top mine trains, RRE is my favorite mine train. I love the cliff setting and the power of the airtime when you ride in the back (and the one airtime hill in the front). Thunderation had a better sensation of speed, but it didn't have nearly the out of control feeling that RRE has during airtime moments. Adventure Express is pretty good too, and probably the most dynamic mine train in terms of length, forces, etc, but it did sort of go on a little too long (even though I don't think it's actually that much longer than the others, it felt like it).

I love Arrow mine trains, they're really the only Arrows I like besides MagnumXL.

Runaway Mine Train (GreatAdv) - purely for nostalgia, the setting in the woods, and the awesome airtime pop over the lake. I ride this probably more than I should lol.

Dahlonega Mine Train (SFOG) - love the three lift hills, that it stays close to the terrain, and great finale through the tunnel.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom) - haven't ridden this since I was a kid but for years after this was one of my fave coasters I'd ever ridden. We plan to go back to Disney in a few years when my nephew is a few years older so I'm stoked to see how its held up since the 80s lol.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride (CP) - could barely fit and ride was very uncomfortable. Also thought it was kinda boring after all the hotness we rode elsewhere all over the park.

I feel Flying fish is really boring and has no theming at all, even though I still ride it for fun, I feel it is the worse one I have done. However the best one I have done is definitely Runaway mine train at Alton Towers. I love it how it goes around such nice terrain and intertwines with the rapids. A really good family coaster.