TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] San Francisco Thrill Kingdom

Thrill Kingdom has finally declared a mysterious park rising up out of no where is theirs and they couldn't have more proudly said that with 2 new tall signs that screams Thrill Kingdom! Press had been denied any photos but after 6 months later they came back with hopes of making the front page. Unfortunately, they were denied once again for any secret photos of the new upcoming park. However one reporter wouldn't take no for an answer and jumped upon his helicopter and flew over the construction site! With his trusty camera with him the Thrill Kingdom managers screamed but to the reporter all he heard were the loud helicopter rotors rotating in a frenzy. Thrill Kingdom not wanting to be rude to the members of the press once the pictures were taken hesitantly let the photos go. As they were released, there was a huge uproar and people came to the entrances banging only to be turned back to find the gates firmly closed. They'll just have to settle with the pictures for now

SCR8.BMP

Sorry for border fences i had a problem with guest entry point and to my great stupidness used the own all land function

SCR2.BMP

The Reporter didn't get the complete plaza picture he wanted but this.. ( I might be replacing building with a better one in the future, too blocky for my taste )

SCR1.BMP

A classic scrambler ride simply named 'Hurricane

SCR4.BMP

The Park's Go-Kart Raceways

SCR13.BMP

Waitt What?

SCR11.BMP

The Best picture of all the park's first suspended swinging terrain hugging coaster.. The park's first coaster named in the memory of Eagle's Fortress.

SCR9.BMP

A close up! R.I.P Eagle's fortress still a still hunk of metal on the mountain waiting for it's destruction

SCR12.BMP

Trees are dire needed but u can see how the coaster swings in and out of sloppily made tunnels which will be improved.

SCR14.BMP

A sad peep going back to his invisible rct2 home when he was told get lost by the security guard

SCR10.BMP

The Exit and entrance point of Eagle's fortress not done with supports yet

SCR17.BMP

Teh beachfront property is sure to draw in even more peeps!

SCR6.BMP

In another picture of the scrambler u can see the Grand Carousel on the top of the picture

SCR15.BMP

The akward tunnel. It became like that when i had to reduce the map size due to guest entry/ property problem

Edited by Dotrobot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to Lebron James:The Ride. Featuring new elements like betrayal, come-from-behind blocks, and, of course, 6 crazy inversions representing his new number. All this to the song, I'm In Miami B*tch by LMFAO.

Great start! Watch those custom supports, though, as some of them seem like they would get hit by the train.

^

I agree and since those parts aren't supported right now I'll edit it's layout since I'm not happy with it. But I can't make it go around the whole mountain since the ride will be too long for my taste But I'll figure something out.

Themeparkman25: I know it looks rather akward but it looked weird when i took it out because it looks very.. Unstable.. The trains don't hit the supports. But due to the fact I only have supports on the other side of the track I wanted to keep it there and there was a ncos support there before anyway so i thought it was okay

I do for the most part like what I see. I have to agree about the support issue, I can't think of any suspended coaster that has the supports on the outside of a curve. I know the game does it sometimes but that still doesn't make it make sense. Sure in real life they look like they are swinging right at some of the supports but in reality they always swing away before you get there. The only exception is where the supports are on both sides. How about putting down a single support base at several points inside the curve and have more than one support angle off of it connecting to the track a at least 2 points per support base.

Like Millenniumfan94 mentioned. the other problem I am having is with the hills. There are no hills like what you have in this park anywhere in Florida or for that matter in any southern states near the ocean. If you just change the name to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, New York or some other coastal city that might be able to support hills like that so close to the water this hole park will be better off.

PLEASE, I am begging you and everyone else to STOP uploading pictures as BMP's, even with cable this and all the other new(er) member park topics are loading way to slow. Please switch them over to JEPG, it only takes a few minutes of your time and saves a lot of time for everyone else.

Agreed about the hills. And I also suggest adding some more trees, because your area with no folage at all isn't that realistic. Other than those two, I can see that your off to a great start and I'm looking forward to more updates!

Good choice on the name change to San Francisco, with the hills and climate of the area just about any kind of vegetation expect cactus will work. It never gets cold enough to kill off most tropical plants and of course there are hills everywhere.

As for going from BMP to JEPG, well we all know that RCT2 always saves it's picture as BMPs. It does that so the pictures can be handled in most if not all Windows PAINT programs. When you open one of the BMPs with a previewer there should be a Paint icon at the bottom. If you click it, the Picture will now be in Paint and you can crop the picture to show only what you want. Add highlights and text to bring attention to certain items and so on. When your done just hit SAVE AS and choose JEPG. If you want you should also be able to go directly to Paint just by right clicking on any BMP and selecting Open With and then choose Paint.

Your pictures will load almost instantly for anyone who looks at your topic and you can mix up the sizes and shapes of the pictures to bring in some variety.

It's okay, BMP don't have a problem with, but of course I'm on a fast roadrunner connection.

The suspended coaster just seems too short to have potential. Maybe if you climb all the way up the hill and let it graudualy run down the hill, I think it will look better; however, that is to your discretion. Just my two cents, though.

The filler building looks nice. Good color choices, and it blends.

Keep it up!

I agree that something looks odd about the suspended coaster. I think my problem with it is how suddenly it stops. The layout after the lift looks far too short for a ride in its location, and even after the tunnel, instead of doing a twisted finale like Iron Dragon, the ride immediately ends. So even a minor change like extending the end of the ride will probably make it appear better. Also, the dual loading station with a sharp 180* turn looks odd. If you want to keep a dual station, have both stations going in the same direction with a flat piece of track between them. This should make a station easier to build, plus it will add to the realism.

Other than that, it looks like a good park. The theming looks great (no Disney, but better than most American parks), and the park's atmosphere currently looks laid back which is a good thing. Keep up the good work, as this looks like a park that will turn out great.

I would still try and utlize the whole mountian instead of one side.

Something like this:

scr46_2.jpg.20d679bda6e9ec1a0e1249bc9b1341e0.jpg

With a terrian coaster, utlize the changes in elevation to take a dull ride and make it more rider friendly.

It's not like the layout is bad; however, the way you only incorporate one side of the mountian reduces what, and how long you can make the coaster.

That's just my two cents, though.

The buildings are looking great, so I prasie you on a good job there. Keep it up!