TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Plan for Canada's Wonderland

Canobie Coaster

I'm visiting Canada's Wonderland next week and only have one day there. I have heard that I should expect heavy crowds even on a weekday. I am skipping the water park in an effort to hit all of the major flat rides and roller coasters. I heard that Behemoth will have a full queue all day since (even at opening) since it is the park's marquee attraction; however, I heard that the full queue is only 30-45 minutes.

I'm thinking of hitting a ton of the low capacity coasters first. The ones that I want to get out of the way early due to possible waits would be Flight Deck, Time Warp, Thunder Run, Fly, Bat, Ghoster Coaster, and Silver Streak.

So, any touring plans would be greatly appreciated? Do I go in the Medieval Fair, International Festival, or Action Zone first? Also, do crowds die down at closing in that some rides could be walk-ons?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone flocks to Flightdeck/Time Warp first thing in the morning, deing at the front of the park and all, so you might want to avoid that section of the park when you get there. The lines die down for it later on in the day. Behemoth will have a decent sized queue most of the day, but it goes by very quickly. From past experiances, crowds die down a bit around closing, but most of the major rides aren't walk-ons.

What I do first is head up to Thunder Run, get on The Bat, Shockwave and The Fly, go over to Vortex, then loop around the Children's area for the 2 credits. From there, head into the Medival Fair for Wild Beast, Drop Tower, Nightmares and everything else. From there, I'd go over to Minebuster, SkyRider, and Backlot, then do a loop around Action Zone and end with Time Warp and Flightdeck.

The water rides (if you plan on doing them) will have a long line for the better part of the day, especially White Water Canyon, avoid them, unless you really feel the need to go on them.

Hope this helped

Thanks. I ended up going on a light day! Lines were no longer than 10-15 minutes for everything all day. In fact, several rides were a walk-on all day! My longest wait was about 15 minutes for Flight Deck and Vortex. Behemoth was 5-10 minutes each time which was amazing.

The forecast originally said it was going to downpour so that kept all of the locals away I think. Amazingly, it was a clear day, which was a bonus!

• 1 year later...

I can't stress this enough, get a fast lane pass! The park gets Cedar Point like crowds. I'm assuming your visiting for the first time, so start with credits that don't have fast lane access. I'd start with The Fly (Wild Mouse) and if your interested in the powered credit, get Thunder Run right after, and then grab SkyRider (Togo-Standup) as it has terrible ops. Beyond that, just use your discretion. If the lines start getting really long, you can start using your fast lane access and you can always wait until near the end of the day when the park clears out to grab any missing credits. Best seats on Leviathan are either the very front or very back, and Behemoth is best in the back. Have fun!

I can't stress this enough, get a fast lane pass! The park gets Cedar Point like crowds. I'm assuming your visiting for the first time, so start with credits that don't have fast lane access. I'd start with The Fly (Wild Mouse) and if your interested in the powered credit, get Thunder Run right after, and then grab SkyRider (Togo-Standup) as it has terrible ops. Beyond that, just use your discretion. If the lines start getting really long, you can start using your fast lane access and you can always wait until near the end of the day when the park clears out to grab any missing credits. Best seats on Leviathan are either the very front or very back, and Behemoth is best in the back. Have fun!

I was able to ride all the coasters at Cedar Point in the first day + Several flats.

I'm going to have a 2 Day pass.

I have 5 questions:

Are there any good places to eat around Canada's Wonderland?

How Much is a Wheelchair?

What is Toronto the Food capital of? (Like how Kansas City is the Rib Capital)

Does the park have a good live show?

Does the Dino Island show have non-motion seats?

The Dino movie had the motion removed from the seats but it is in 3D. We asked about that when I was there last week. I can't do 3D so had to skip the movie.

There are a few places for live shows, but missed the start times so I don't know how good they are, but one of them is a Cirque type show, so I imagine it could be interesting, and if your going in the summer that theater is air conditioned, so good show or not, a park that doesn't have a lot of shade an air conditioned theater is going to be awesome.

And I cannot stress a Fastlane for Wonderland enough. OMG freaking amazing. Park opening Leviathan line was already 45 minutes to an hour, and I just walked right on.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/plan-a-visit/guests-with-disabilities click the wheelchair section, to get the prices for wheelchairs

There's a strip mall across from the park that has a few restaurants in it. I don't know what food you'd be interested in so I can't say if you'd like them but I've enjoyed food from there.

Also up in the wonderland area, is a Dave and Busters for food and arcade type games as well.

There is also the Vaughn Mills mall on Rutherford Road if your looking for something to eat close by. It's pretty much across the street from the main parking entrance.

Here's something I found on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Toronto#Peameal_Bacon_Sandwich

Perhaps one of the most iconic and distinct Toronto offerings, although one that is not widely known, is the peameal bacon sandwich, normally on a Kaiser. The most famous offerings of the sandwich are Paddington's Pump, Sausage King, and Carousel Bakery; coincidentally enough, all are located at St. Lawrence Market.

Toronto is a very multicultural city, so you can find food from all over the world.