TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite Roller Coaster?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post my #1 and #2 from each Wood and Steel coasters...

3354829154_52ac75db1a.jpg.1cf960f67df6528a5382f5f8d74fa5c7.jpg

#1 Steel - Maverick at Cedar Point (and not the crummy ride in the background, never)

5408680035_0636f5ee95.jpg.610b4d3ce91bf1108fa2e1827ed7d4f7.jpg

#2 Steel - Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa. There is just something about that old style B&M twisty-ness... makes the ride much more enjoyable and intense!

3549760244_5a0d7ac00d.jpg.05a89235a3dafc6261203a17e7993508.jpg

#1 Wood - Ravine Flyer II at Waldameer. Packed full of win from Start to Finish... excellent ride all around!

4142472277_f31d0cf69d.jpg.541ad98bac6cdf949a4a1381a6217327.jpg

#2 Wood - Shivering Timbers at Michigan Adventure. This is also probably one of the more underrated wooden rides out there too, in my opinion.

My favorite coaster is Intimidator at Carowinds. I don't know why, but I really liked that ride. I was surprised when I ended up liking it better than Apollo's Chariot and Griffon, and even more surprised that I enjoyed it more than Intimidator 305 (although I305 isn't really my type of ride).

My favorite wood coaster is Apocalypse, although it will likely change after this summer (I'll be riding Voyage, Boulder Dash, and El Toro).

I've got a real tough time deciding on these!

My top three woodies have gotta be:

Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer Rode it at sunset, what a trip! My loser brother sat outside the queue cause he said it was stupid!

Wildcat - Hersheypark Gotta love those seal brakes!

Thunderbolt - Kennywood Holds a sentimental value, sort of the type of ride that would tell you they loved you, and then go ahead and abuse the hell out of you.

Top three steel coasters:

Maverick - Cedar Point Hey what can I say, it's fast, smooth, and there's so many abrupt twists that it could be considered rough!

Dominator - Geauga Lake/Kings Dominion IDK why I loved this ride so much, but I got a good 10 rides in a row on this!

Storm Runner - Hersheypark Notches out Fahrenheit by a hair, I loved the launch and the top hat. Not to mention riding with a frightened little boy (I'm pretty sure it was the coasters fault, not the kidnapping matter..)

TOP STEEL: Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa. The only invert I have ridden, and undoubtably the best!

WOOD: Yankee Cannonball at Canobie Lake Park. Old, yet smooth enough that you can ride it all day. Plus, it has some great floater air!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is going to seem really weird but............I love Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. I don't know why its just....really awesome!

The drop, in my opinion, is the best part.

I completely agree with you that its an awesome coaster, I dont understand all of the criticism it gets!

My favorite coaster would have to be Top Thrill Dragster all the way. It may not be the longest or most 'amazing' layout, but waiting in line and the launch SO exciting and its always so much fun to go on with a big group of people.

My close second would have to be the hulk. That launch is the greatest thing ever.