• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tough to decide between my top 2, Maverick at Cedar Point and Boulder Dash. Both are phenomenal, pure fun rides.

Maverick has great variety and riders never feel the same forces throughout the layout. The airtime is varied, with quick pops of ejector, sustained ejector, and some floater. There are also great laterals, positive Gs, and an awesome launch. The landscaping is also exquisite and helps to improve the ride experience.

Boulder Dash doesn't have the stats on its side but it is probably the most fun ride I have ever been on... Even the lift hill is a blast! The airtime seems to get better and better throughout the ride leading up to a series of reprofiled hills. The entire return trip is an onslaught of airtime as the ride never seems to slow down. The first half races in close proximity to the trees and boulders, making the ride feel faster while delivering phenomenal laterals and a couple good airtime moments. Just an awesome ride!

^Honestly, I think Mako without any trims would replace Maverick as my #1 steel and #2 overall. I really love it's sustained, (almost) ejector airtime on the first drop and the really strong floater on the rest of the hills till the trim. And the s-bend above the queue had some fantastically funky laterals going on that I just loved.

I haven't been on Maverick since 2009 though, to be fair, but I will be going back to Cedar Point soon for Coastermania 2018!

^Honestly, I think Mako without any trims would replace Maverick as my #1 steel and #2 overall. I really love it's sustained, (almost) ejector airtime on the first drop and the really strong floater on the rest of the hills till the trim. And the s-bend above the queue had some fantastically funky laterals going on that I just loved.

I've only been on Mako three times, and each time I've been on the trims are barely noticeable. No matter what, you still fly through that course.

Even after riding Fury 325, Intimidator 305, Maverick, and several other awesome coasters this summer, I still think Skyrush is my all-time favorite roller coaster. I love coasters that throw me around like a rag doll and make me grip for dear life, and Skyrush does all that plus more. It's such a masterpiece of a coaster. I don't (well, more like *can't*) keep a Top 10 list, but for the time being, Skyrush is going to sit at the top of that list for a while.

• 4 months later...