TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite Roller Coaster?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't name just one favorite because it all depends on the type of coaster. Also, I have never been to any park outside of southern California, therefore my sample size is very small.

Favorite woodie: GhostRider, Knott's Berry Farm

Favorite (only) hyper: Goliath, Magic Mountain

Favorite non-looping steel: Space Mountain, Disneyland

Favorite looping steel: Tatsu, Magic Mountain

Favorite inverted: Silver Bullet, Knott's Berry Farm

Favorite launched: Xcelerator, Knott's Berry Farm

Favorite shuttle: Montezooma's Revenge, Knott's Berry Farm

Favorite family: Sierra Sidewinder, Knott's Berry Farm

Edited by gbioryl

Boulder Dash beats all!

I'll never get you Boulder Dash people. I mean, it's good. But it's not even close to rides like Phoenix, El Toro and a bunch of top steel coasters. The Boulder Dash people are fanatical though. You're almost like the Yankee Cannonball people.

Outlaw Run. This ride is over-the-top insane and out of control. To me it's the perfect ride in every way besides length. The airtime, drop, forces, terrain, setting, etc. are all exactly what I want from a coaster. Even the queue and plaza is great, especially since it takes place in the Ozark mountains and is so separated from everything else in the park. I can't talk enough about how much I love it.

I'd love to try Lightning Rod though. I feel like it's the only ride that can beat it. But it's lack of inversions and theming (which is great, but just doesn't resonate with me) would take it down a few levels.

2140520111_maxresdefault(1).thumb.jpg.a0c9a930aa1391ec77403d00ee93b2ff.jpg

Edited by WOFanatic

• 3 weeks later...

Helix at Liseberg. Twisty, silky smooth and has some excellent pops of airtime. It's everything I want in a coaster.

Close second would be Balder at the same park. An airtime machine like no other I've experienced.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Favorite Steel Coaster - I-305. Fast, relentless. Maverick is about equal in my mind, though. It's a tough call.

Favorite Wooden Coaster - Phoenix. I might ride this and only this next time I visit Knoebels. My favorite roller coaster, because prior to it, the best wooden roller coaster I had ever ridden was Renegade. This was on another level entirely. Since then, I've ridden some good wooden roller coasters, but nothing that even remotely compares (including The Beast)