TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite Roller Coaster?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst problem for me were the vibrations I got if I sat behind the 3rd or 4th row

Maybe it's just me but things like this never bother me on coasters where you can pick your own seat. I see why people would care but if you know the ride is better in the front 3 rows then why would you ever sit anywhere else anyway? That fixes the problem and unless you wait for the very front the wait time isn't any longer.

Even on rides where the ride needs to be ridden in the very front seat and wait times are increased it never bothers me because I just always ride in that seat and know that going in. That's why I don't care about vibrations on rides like Kingda Ka. If I know the ride experience is dramatically better in the front then I only wait for the front and the vibrations are a non issue anyway.

The only time this is a problem for me is when you have a grouper and it's just the luck of the draw. Banshee is a good example as it can shake quite a bit in the back. Goliath at SFNE is a more dramatic example. Your ride can either be amazing or excruciating depending on where you sit and you need to wait for an hour to see where you'll end up. That's a problem, but if you can pick your own seat I'm more than happy to keep picking the best seat (which on Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle is the front seat, left wing).

With Kingda Ka, I fully agree. Why? Because even if it wasn't rough in the back it's definitely a front seat ride as, for me, on any other seat it's like"Wow that fun!" while in the front you go"OMFG I thought the wind was going to destroy my face!". On Gatekeeper, however, it's not like that. I never got to try the very back (I was afraid of those vibrations) but in the 4th or 6th you could already feel those. Plus a new ride like that shouldn't have those problems. Especially when you have 20 year old rides of the same manufacturer nearby which still run silky smooth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I guess it's obvious that one of my favorite coasters is Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium!

Why?

I honestly love those rides, great coasters don't have to be hundreds of feet tall or super intense! That being said, my favorite coaster is 310 feet tall.

10307235_800082920002604_355121369216328557_n.jpg?oh=85a63971b6c1e038a511d044068c17ff&oe=553C875F

I know it's "overrated" and maybe even cliché, but it managed to surpass all the years of hype I had built up for it, which is pretty damn impressive.

Millennium Force is equally amazing in every seat. In the front the view is breathtaking and the speed is relentless, in the back it rips through the turns and delivers great airtime (yeah, I said airtime... the idea that this ride doesn't have airtime is insane. It's no El Toro but it's still quite good). I'll never understand the complaints about this ride. It's my #1 for sure... better than Bizarro, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Skyrush, Maverick, I305... whatever. Millennium Force delivers in every seat at any time of day. It's amazing.

^ Yeah it definitely wasn't designed to have constant airtime like El Toro, but when it delivers my whole body lifts out of the seat. I haven't been on I305, Skyrush, or Boulder Dash yet, but I'm hoping to change that this year. They all look pretty incredible, but it's going to be hard for anything to top MF on my list.

Did you ever get to ride Bizarro when it was SROS? I've heard that it used to be much better. When I went on it the restraints on the train prevented me from getting proper airtime, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped to.

SFNE is only about 2 hours from my house so I used to ride it a ton, even in it's opening year. Superman Ride of Steel was much better as the restraints were great and the ride seemed a lot faster back then (though I don't know if that's really the case). I used to have Superman ranked #2 right behind Millennium Force but I always thought Millennium Force was better, even when Superman was in it's prime.

I've never been to Kennywood (hoping to go this year), but Phantom's Revenge looks incredible. I really admire when the terrain influences a coaster's design, and Phantom's Revenge is a perfect example of that. The second drop looks awesome and the ride seems to have a bit of everything going for it.

Outlaw Run. Besides being the world's first inverting woodie, it also has INSANE airtime, and lots of it. And the best part is the sideways airtime hill through the lift. It's weird, and totally awesome. Overall, the coaster is quite intense, yet it's very re-ridable. Usually "world's first" coasters are one-trick ponies, but this one has it all, and does everything well.

I've never been to Kennywood (hoping to go this year), but Phantom's Revenge looks incredible. I really admire when the terrain influences a coaster's design, and Phantom's Revenge is a perfect example of that. The second drop looks awesome and the ride seems to have a bit of everything going for it.

Trust me, Kennywood is well worth the trip. Out of all the parks I've been to, including CP, it's my favorite. Phantom provides both a thrilling and unique ride, and the Thunderbolt is phenomenal fun too.

• 3 months later...

Nemesis is my number 1, Closely followed by Shambhala and Montu. I love how nemesis picks up speed constantly throughout the entire ride. The helix down into the ground up into the Zero-g-roll over the station s the best part. The design of the whole ride and how it is built in the ground is amazing. Don't let the fact theres no big first drop fool you

DSCI0157.thumb.JPG.1ba394fb5f22cfd32632084b0d201908.JPG

A photo I took back in 2011