TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite Roller Coaster?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEEL: California Screamin'. Awesome Coaster with lots of potential, and even has airtime! Also makes for an awesome night ride with the lights and all. I absolutely love it

(Note: Pic is not mine)

WOOD: El Toro. One hell of a coaster and pure airtime goodyness. I wish to ride it again sometime soon in the future, I miss this wooden beast

TOP 5 STEEL:

California Screamin' (DCA)

Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFDK)

Xcelerator (KBF)

X2 (SFMM)

Maverick (CP)

TOP 5 WOOD:

El Toro (SFGAdv)

Tremors (Silverwood)

Apocalypse (SFMM)

GhostRider (KBF) [iMO this is a pretty fun ride when it has it's good days]

Colossus (SFMM)

Edited by _IntaMAN_

• 4 months later...

I have a tough time picking an all-time favorite, so generally I pick a top five, and the rank within can change.

Right now, my top five steel are as follows (they are all pretty much equal in their own way in rank, but the numbers are closest to the way I would rank them in order):

Skyrush (this is a pic I took earlier this year)

TTD

MF

I-305

Goliath at SFMM (tied with Nitro at SF Great Adventure)

Wood is harder for me to rank, since I don't like woodies as much as steel coasters in general because I can't take a lot of roughness (and can't do many re-rides), but here goes:

El Toro

The Voyage

Lighting Racer

The Phoenix

Ravine Flyer 2

Edited by Schrecken

My favorite steel and wooden coasters can both be found in this picture:

Steel: Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure

Wood: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

A few right others at the top of my list include Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, and Millenium Force at Cedar Point, Skyrush at Hersheypark, The Voyage at Holiday World, Phoenix at Knoebels, and Thunderbolt at Kennywood.

Coasters highest on my wish list include Bizarro at SFNE, iSpeed at Mirabilandia, Expedition GeForce at Holiday Park, Kawasemi at Tobu Zoo, Nemesis at Alton Towers, Balder at Liseberg, Colossos at Heide Park, Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce, and T Express at Everland.

It's no coincidence that most are Intamin. Yay, Intamin!!

My Coaster repertoire isn't that extensive (Current Count 125), but I can safely say of all the coasters I've ridden these are my favourites...

Steel - Nemesis

Wood - Megafobia

Special Mention - The Ultimate

If the first half of this ride was as insane as the latter half I think this could be a real contender for my top spot, it's a ridiculously brutal ride but incredibly fun.

• 1 month later...

Wood:

3: Thunder Road at Carowinds (SC side, haven't ridden the NC side)

2: Scream Machine at SFOG

1: Hurler at Carowinds (yes, seriously. )

Steel:

5: Kraken at Sea World Orlando

4: Expedition Everest (wow, a Vekoma on a BEST list)

3: Intimidator at Carowinds (would be higher if it was a bit longer)

2: Mind Bender at SFOG (despite the extra inversion they always say it has, it still kicks ass in the best way possible)

1: Goliath at SFOG (Helix of Doom, Southern Style!)

I've probably answered this 10 times but o well... In no order:

-Kennywood Thunderbolt

47973_329008883891417_1687895849_n.jpg

-HW Legend

-Phoenix

-SFOG Mind Bender

599357_200136076778699_828249736_n.jpg

-CI Cyclone

561678_232225303569776_1596091095_n.jpg

...this is where it gets fuzzy, cuz there are so many I like. The oldies are typically my favorites (Lakemont, Kennywood, etc. etc..) but I like a lot of new stuff too. It's all fun with good friends!

Anything from Anton Schwarzkopf! Cyclops, sooperdooperLooper, Apollo's Chariot, Voyage, Great Bear... the list goes on.

The best coaster I EVER rode was Timberwolf 1989. GA Cyclone and TX Giant were right behind it in 1990. They all were very quickly neutered (and deteriorated) within 2 or 3 years.

This curve was serious old-school - it felt like the train was riding running wheels on the right, and upstops on the left (it probably was!). Check out that 80s hair:

76555_235144763277830_1166838968_n.jpg

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

Favorite Coasters (in no order):

Vancouver Playland Coaster

Thunderbolt (Kennywood)

Superman/ Bizarro - SFNE

Magnum XL-200

The original Willard's Whizzer and Turn of the Century at Marriott's Great America in Santa Clara (sentimental reasons)

El Toro

Big Bad Wolf

Griffon

Kumba

Favorite steel is Maverick because the first drop is short but insanely awesome. The ride just whips you around turns and tight elements. The launch is great too!

maverick-Cglx.jpg.cd3becc99913fce205082c5adb076b3e.jpg

Favorite wood is The Beast. It's just a classic and I love the smell of the grease while going up the lift. The ride shakes you but that's what makes it fun. The helixes at the end make a spectacular finale.

beast-GDfb.jpg.0efb1fb76108a8a7366755448efe7ae5.jpg

Steel: S:ROS (Bizarro) Pre Ankle holsters/before 2009

What do these ankle holsters look like? The ride was perfect in the early 2000s... Very strange for a park to spend $10 million on a ride that is near-perfect and rated #1 in the world. That was strange. I haven't been back since 2006.