TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

AJ Adventure Land [RCT2]

September 1985

AJ Parks has just purchased a small park family owned park "Adventure Park". The park has 3 existing roller coasters, "Racer" a small wooden racing coaster and an original coaster at the park, "The Monster" a long wooden roller coaster inspired by "Beast" at Kings Island, Ohio, and finally "Green Thang" a Schwarzkopf looping coaster. The most recent addition is an Arrow flume ride "Old Logger" which was new for the 1984 season. The park is known for its beautiful flower arrangements and prime location on a small lake. We are proud to add this great park to our lineup! "Adventure Park" will continue to operate through the 1985 season and will open in 1986 as "AJ Adventure Land"!

SCR1.BMP

The parks main midway, you can see the parks three coasters in this picture.

SCR3.BMP

Racer, Green Thang, "The Top Spin" and old indoor Top Spin ride, and Old Logger.

SCR4.BMP

Racer, looks like two coasters are getting ready to race!

SCR5.BMP

An overview of Racer and Green Thang

SCR7.BMP

Old Logger, the newest addition to the park, one of the longest flume rides built to date! Brought to you by Arrow Dynamics.

SCR8.BMP

The Monster, the signature ride of the park, was inspired directly by Beast at Kings Island.

SCR2.BMP

Overview of the parks layout, we hope to expand very soon!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, that woodie to the left is huge!

I just picked on you (jokingly) in the Help thread and mentioned looking forward to seeing the pictures you were trying to find and ta-da here they are.

On your racers, how about using some 1/4 wide turns to bring the return part of the ride back toward the outward part. Then using the same turns to bring it back out for the ending. It will help break the ride up a little bit and give it some excitement for the riders and the eyes. The double loop-er looks great wouldn't change a thing with it other than adding in more scenery. If you raise the land around parts of the flume ride it will also fit in better with is surrounding.

WOW, that woodie to the left is huge!

I just picked on you (jokingly) in the Help thread and mentioned looking forward to seeing the pictures you were trying to find and ta-da here they are.

On your racers, how about using some 1/4 wide turns to bring the return part of the ride back toward the outward part. Then using the same turns to bring it back out for the ending. It will help break the ride up a little bit and give it some excitement for the riders and the eyes. The double loop-er looks great wouldn't change a thing with it other than adding in more scenery. If you raise the land around parts of the flume ride it will also fit in better with is surrounding.

Thanks! I have actually the entire park finished. But I had multiple older backup copies and decided to make this park into a story line. You will not be dissapointed, when I first made this park I was "New" at RCT2 and it progressively gets better.

November 1985

The 1985 season has officially ended, crews are now hard at work transitioning the park from "Adventure Park" to "AJ Adventure Land". Currently a large project is taking place in the back of the park, we will let you know more once we receive more details.

SCR9.BMP

Former location of the Carousal and Ferris Wheel. That's right, former, apparently both are being moved to a new location for the 1986 season.

SCR10.BMP

I wonder what this chunk of land is going to be used for?

SCR11.BMP

New location of the Carousal and Ferris Wheel...Very interesting indeed.

SCR12.BMP

As you can tell, large amounts of work are taking place in the back of the park. Even part of the lake has been drained!

SCR13.BMP

I wonder what they could be building?

SCR14.BMP

Current overview of the park.

Man I love that flying elephant ride, always have but for some reason I never use it.

Well whatever is going in that little spot better be good or else!

< you at my comment. < me at my comment. < everyone at TPR besides you and myself.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy seeing how this park changes. It's always fun to see how a relatively new person to the game alters the way they play the game after working with it for a while. This is not only a time line type park but a skill line as-well.

March, 1, 1986

New for the 1986 is a major midway expansion complete with 3 new rides! A lot of emphasis has been put on the parks beauty in this expansion, many different kinds of trees and flowers have been brought in. We also cannot forget about the thrills, 3 new rides have been installed for the 1986 season. A Swinging Ship ride, a River Rafts rides that allows guest to relax and cool off while enjoying great scenery, and a Chairlift that will spawn the midway and provide easier transportation to the back of the park.

Construction is nearing completion on the new addition. The only remaining ride to install is the Chairlift, but we assure you it will be ready for opening day! The staff at AJ Adventure Land are very excited for the 1986 season!

SCR15.BMP

The Carousal and Ferris Wheel have been relocated, the new midway was built around these rides providing a traditional feel. The location allows guests to get a better view of the lake from the Ferris Wheel.

SCR16.BMP

Construction on the island is nearing completion.

SCR17.BMP

The new Rivers Rafts ride has begun testing, the scenery is really amazing on this ride!

SCR18.BMP

The island station for the Chairlift is almost complete, shops and restaurants are beginning to be installed below the ride.

SCR20.BMP

The midway Chairlift station still has awhile to go, but we have been assured it will be ready for opening day!

SCR21.BMP

The Monster is waiting for you!

SCR14.BMP

Before

SCR19.BMP

After

April 1986

Ahhh, Opening day is finally here! Guests were eagerly lined up and ready to check out the new expansion and the park in general. Every ride was operational today, the only think down was the arcade which is closed for repairs. Now lets check out some pictures!

SCR25.BMP

Crowds were very heavy today, also you can see the completed Chairlift.

SCR26.BMP

Guests enjoy the new sky ride and midway.

SCR27.BMP

The new island and the 3 new ride additions for this year.

SCR28.BMP

Guests getting ready to race.

SCR29.BMP

Loopy!

SCR32.BMP

An employee of the park told me to watch this area. No idea what he meant by that, and honestly it looks to small for anything major...

SCR30.BMP

Overview.

August 1986

The season has been going great and crowds have been up! The new additions have also been a major hit with our guests.

Mysterious track has been spotted, clearing is starting to take place, and a temporary bridge has been built. I believe all signs point to a new ride, but what could it be? By the looks of the track I believe our builder will be Arrow Dynamics. An insider at the park told us this ride would break records and we will find out very soon what the ride is.

SCR33.BMP

Mysterious track, looks to be Arrow Dynamics. The track is well hidden in the back of the park.

SCR34.BMP

Clearing is beginning to take place and a path has been constructing which leads to the island.

SCR35.BMP

Temporary bridge.

SCR36.BMP

Clearing is also starting on the island.

SCR37.BMP

Overview of the park and project.

^Rude much? Theres no need to be an asshole like that.

I really like the park! The only two criticisms I have would be to change up the roofs instead of repeating the same piece for the entire building, and remove the tree under Racer Blue's first air hill. (But that one's nitpicking.)

September 1986

Coming for the 1987 season, the tallest-fastest-craziest coaster ever built at AJ Adventure Land..."Cyclone"! This roller coaster built by Arrow Dynamics will take riders up 130ft (Tallest in park!), disorient riders with a record 7...7 inversions (Most in park and WORLD!) all at speeds of over 60MPH! (Fastest in park). The ride will have 3 trains able to hold 28 people for max capacity! Stay tuned for more construction photos and updates!