TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR 2010 Europe Trip Thread

I'm pretty sure that this ride was one bunny hill away from being in my top 5!

That means you`ve been on at least 5 DIFFERENT (!) rollercoasters already ??? DAMN...you`re experienced, just wow !!!

No, wait...I got it : It was nearly in your top five coaster rides, while your top three were probably all on the same coaster...something like that, right ???

George "who also found Europa to be a good park until he went somewhere else" T.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Not sure if that was it or not Guy. It just seemed to have a lot more speed and potential than it used and I wish it had a bit more hills than twisty bits. It was still an AWESOME ride, don't get me wrong, it just felt like it was missing one little thing to make it perfection!

I didn`t ride that one yet, but from the looks I also thought the ride/layout is a bit "flat".

So maybe that thing totally shows the potential of that kind of coaster type...while not having the "perfect" layout with more ups and downs...just my estimation, like Elissas.

George "voting ISpeed for being the weirdest flat ride ever" T.

I agree it was missing like *one* element for it to be really perfect. But I still think it's a top 10 steel on my list. I'm not sure that I'd call it "flat" at all. You guys also have to remember that between Elissa and myself together we've now been on close to 2,500 coasters, so on our list iSpeed is up against almost all the other steel coasters in the world. Saying it's still a "top 10 ride" says a *LOT* for iSpeed.

--Robb

I think this on-ride photo helps sum up my take on this nifty fire engine red go-getting coaster, called iSpeed.

Yes, a bit of flat, but also the high hat, a twist in the middle, and a bit of a surprise down drop near the end of it...

I liked it. A lot.

And I'm pretty sure that Jon (beside me in back there) and "Mr.Starrrs" (front of me, beside Robb) agreed with me, heh heh.

I just wish i'd bought the t-shirt, now.

OnridePic03.jpg.ae443f6a0728faa8e7ffce6a3d6be7a9.jpg

Woo hoo! It was (to me) a lotta fast fun and speed back and forth. Great for smaller parks too, I'd say.

Great TR, Robb! Love the POVs. This was sure an awesome day. (For some reason, the link directed me to Page 3, which confused me for a moment - I was trying to figure out why the TR started with lunch. What are we, ACE?!)

iSpeed was really a great ride - but I did get a little bit of headbanging from it, which took it down a couple notches for me. (Not as much headbanging as Maverick...) Still a helluva lot of fun though - if only they would replace the current OTSRs with the type of strap restraints now used on I-305, then this would be perfect.

For me, Katun was the real star of the park - I was sold on the first drop alone! The airtime on that first drop absolutely blew me away. (Oh yeah, the loop and the rest of the ride were awesome too.) Katun really had the "WOW!" factor - it quickly became my favorite B&M invert.

Mirabilandia really surprised me - I really wasn't expecting the park to be as amazing as it was. Can't wait to go back! (But I vote next time we visit in the winter, when it's a bit cooler, when it's only 90 degrees Fahrenheit...)

I think iSpeed with the Blue Fire restraints would be a serious contender for #1 steel. As it stands now, I like Katun slightly more.

But I really can't think of any park in Europe with a 1-2 coaster punch that can equal Mirabilandia.

Any ideas anyone?

^I think a lot of coasters would be going to the top ten with blue fire restraints. That is just a awesome train design.

These photo's even brings back the feeling of being on the rides again. (Especially leprotto express)

But I still can not decide if I am a red or black shirt guy.

Any idea, why noone is already building another mack lauched looper ??? I totally don`t get it. The lauch is nearly 100 % reliable...the track and train design is great...and the trains, especially the restraints are not more or less than the "ergonomic" benchmark, currently.

And thats not just my personal opinion...I think thats nearly EVERYONES opinion including the real experts like Robb and Elissa.

Yeah, Blue Fire is kind of "forceless" (I only ride it in the afternoon and ONLY (!) frontrow and LOVE the experience, and if YOU don`t do it, you`re dumb ) BUT the coastertype shows soooo much (more) potential.

I wrote that already last year, and I repeat it now : It would be kind of easy to build the best steel coaster worldwide based on that mack-concept, thats what I believe...!

George "Werner should read this and get into Action" T.

Any idea, why noone is already building another mack lauched looper ??? I totally don`t get it.

Well, Blue Fire only just opened in 2009 as the "demo model" for the technology. I'm sure it's an expensive ride and if a park is going to make that kind of investment, many times it takes 2-5 years from the point that a park decides what kind of ride they want to the point in which it gets built.

When you see a park announce a new coaster for the next year, it's very likely that ride has been in the planning stages for AT LEAST one year, probably two. So give it another year or two and see if any more Mack launchers show up and if not, then you can ask the same question!

--Robb

But I really can't think of any park in Europe with a 1-2 coaster punch that can equal Mirabilandia.

Any ideas anyone?

As it`s confirmed now that Heide is getting a B&M Dive Machine next year, that could be some serious competition (though it will be a smaller one than Sheikra (for example))...together with Colossos and Desert Race.

And I think with Black Mamba, Winjas and Colorado Adventure Phantasialand has three very good coasters in their lineup.

And some will still prefer the sheer amount and variety of coasters at Europa.

But having two really outstanding coasters at the same park is really rare here in Europe I guess...

And I think with Black Mamba, Winjas and Colorado Adventure Phantasialand has three very good coasters in their lineup.

I've found that most people who *love* Winjas only just *like* Black Mamba....or vice versa. Personally I think if Black Mamba was as intense as it was themed, it would give Nemesis a run for the money. But as it stands now it's an awesomely themed "tame" B&M Invert.

The germans, and I`m talking about those who`re very much into coasters, are somehow a little "crazy" for Colorado Adventure...that coaster is getting excellent votes continuously, at least here in Germany.

And because those usually find Black Mamba or Winjas to be excellent, if not both, I thought that many people would agree that there are at least two (if not three) very good coasters at Phantasialand.

But maybe it`s not comparable to those two really standout ones at Mirabilandia.

Greeds...GeorgeT.

This weekend Christine and I were talking about how waiting in line for and eventually seeing the Terminator thing was one of those, "This would totally suck if I were here by myself but it is going to turn into one of those hilarious, memorable times because I love the people I am with" moments. We waited in line for that for almost an hour and then it ended up being so stupid but we had so much fun with everyone that it really didn't matter. From the ridiculous way they groped us to the kid aiming his gun directly at myself and Drew to the kids all laughing hysterically as the earth was being destroyed, it was awesome!

Also, I know there were no pictures in the official update but I am getting one of those compact log flumes in my backyard someday.

This was such a great trip!!!!!!!

But seriously, I didn't expect much going in to the park and I have to say, it turned out to be one of my favorites. U571 was probably my favorite non-roller coaster of the trip. I really wish we had the opportunity to stay longer, though, since I feel like we had just a little while to do everything. Slash I really just wanted to go to the water park! Great park, but I have to say, I am very excited for the next update!

Jordan "Almost missed the bus to Germany" Darrington

Edited by themeparkman25

Movieland Studios was a great little park to visit with some really screwed up attractions. I only wish we had a little more time their since I really didn't get a chance to visit the Aqua Studios. This just means I need to make another trip.

I really wish we had the opportunity to stay longer, though, since I feel like we had just a little while to do everything.

I feel really bad that our trip planning resulted in a disappointment for you, but honestly, based on our last visit and what we had been hearing about the park recently, we just did not expect that INSANE crowd, at least not at the Movie Studios part of the park. I really do think what we experienced was an anomaly for that park.

Hopefully next time we visit things will go a bit smoother.

--Robb "I hope all the stuff we were able to do on the rest of the tour made up for this one slight miscalucation." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey