TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

I just think it's really nice of them to move your ticket and hotel stay to another date, free of charge. That's not something a lot of places do, because an on-time opening is never 100% guaranteed and parks can't really be responsible for everyone who didn't think to plan accordingly.

Hopefully it'll still open tomorrow, or at least by the weekend, if the issues really are just with inspections of the building.

The same person who was responsible for my last comment here says he has a second contact to confirm the story. He claims the ride will not open tomorrow but can't be sure about Friday. I guess if they could open tomorrow we would have seen something on the site by now, but no news yet.

I must say I believe that this story is the most believable. Alton Towers surely can't wait any longer as this ride start costing more and more money like this.

I'm sure this is frustrating, but safety trumps all. If they don't feel that it's safe to run Smiler right away, so be it.

Its not too hard to put those up though. They could do it in a day.

Really dissapointed anout the rides delayed opening, seems like they were so focused on marketing it, that they actually forgot about the ride

http://www.altontowers.com/the-smiler-faqs/

This isn't looking good. I can confirm there is a crane on site but no action. Also today all path ways to X-sector are closed (meaning Oblivion, Enterprise and Submission are closed too). I'm starting to think this may be a big problem, If Alton Towers just can tell us what is wrong.

Yep. All of x sector is totally closed off. Looking like a more serious issue. I'm currently in a mega long queue for Rita. Never queued this long for it!

Alton have also confirmed it will not be open tommorrow either

Just announced on the parks Facebook page & on it's website, Smiler will not be opening over the Bank Holiday weekend

http://www.altontowers.com/the-smiler-faqs/

Apologies, due to unforeseen teething problems, The Smiler will not be open during Bank Holiday weekend (25th-27th). The Alton Towers Resort is however open as usual from 10am-5.30pm with over 50 amazing ride and attractions for you to enjoy.

This just gets annoying now. Come on are they planning a week delay or a June opening over there?

I just read rumors that the park closed X-sector thanks to a stall. I'm not saying here I believe it, but yeah it wouldn't be a good thing to show the new ride stalled.

Wouldn't a week delay and a June opening be the same thing?