TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

It shows what editing can do as the second footage makes it look much better than the gmtv footage - even with the lights on!

It's funny that those complaining the most are the British whilst the americans are saying they would come over to try it! Typical British attitude of being over critical on our own product.

Alton Towers will never match up with the biggest parks in the US or Europe. Why? Because of the height restrictions. Oblivion is no Sheikra, Air is no Tatsu, Rita is no TTD etc. etc. Nemesis was it's one true triumph and it stands up to most of its competitors. It has to try to be innovative to make up for the lack of height most great rides require.

13 may tempt me down to AT although I would still like to try Thorpe first.

It's funny that those complaining the most are the British whilst the americans are saying they would come over to try it! Typical British attitude of being over critical on our own product.

Trust me, we do the same thing over here. ...Just look at the Intimidator305 and Rip Ride Rockit' threads.

Thanks. So that's a hair under 48in, eh? Hopefully my 6-year old will be tall enough when we get there in May (he should be). Strange that the Website doesn't list TH13TEEN under the 'thrill rides' section (or any other), but clearly the page exists on the site.

Kids can surprise you, my 4 year old neice would love it if she was tall enough to go on, she did Tower of Terror a couple of times when we were at WDW in Feb, and loved all the coasters she went on, so I'm sure Thirteen wouldn't be a problem for her. She's more of an adrenaline junkie than her big brother and sister.

We'll see what he thinks when we get there. He loved Tower of Terror, SooperDooperLooper, Big Bad Wolf, Spiderman and lots of others when he was 4 or younger. But then he was scared of DarKastle. So you never know...but he watched the GMTV video and thought it looked "boring" - asking why the drop wasn't bigger...

The weather is not looking promising for tomorrow, which is not good...

I will however be there from a stupid hour trying to get in via the woodland walk from the hotels, if that plan doesnt work then I will be at the entrance for opening. If anyone spots someone with a Magic Mountain hoodie and a Walt Disney World umbrella, then thats me !! Come over and say hello.

Personally I think it looks fun. I'm not sure what people were expecting really, as soon as I saw it was an Intamin 'family' coaster I thought it would be a pretty dull coaster with a good theme. Yeah sure the coaster doesn't look that great from a thrillseeker point of view, but it looks FUN. I'm quite looking forward to riding it

Personally I think it looks fun. I'm not sure what people were expecting really, as soon as I saw it was an Intamin 'family' coaster I thought it would be a pretty dull coaster with a good theme. Yeah sure the coaster doesn't look that great from a thrillseeker point of view, but it looks FUN. I'm quite looking forward to riding it

I totally agree with you.

The thing is that this coaster was so hyped that maybe some coaster enthusiast were expecting a lot more than it was supposed from the beggining. The coaster was always to be a family coaster with a worlds first element, and that's exactly what the park gave us. I personaly think that once people get the chance to ride it and see all the effects and such, they're going to be pleased....well...most of them at least

Now I do believe that all the hype Merlin and Alton Towers made about this coaster having an age limit is false. If look closely at the bottom of the screen in both of those movies, a message pops up for a few seconds saying, height restrictions apply. It says nothing about an age limit.

Now I do believe that all the hype Merlin and Alton Towers made about this coaster having an age limit is false. If look closely at the bottom of the screen in both of those movies, a message pops up for a few seconds saying, height restrictions apply. It says nothing about an age limit.

It was just an strategy for people to talk about the coaster!....I hope to see some reviews by TPR members real soon!!

Can someone explain to this American what watershed means? I assume due the addition of the actual girl in the post watershed video it has to due with the time of day/ night it can be shown?

I really like the commercials and it gives enough way without completely giving everything away lol.

Watershed: "The terms the watershed or safe harbor are used for the time period (or the times delimiting this) in television schedules during which 'adult content' can be shown. Adult content is usually defined as images or language depicting or referring to explicit sexual intercourse, graphic violence, or drug use and the use of strong language."

In the UK this is usually 9pm-5.30am.

Can someone explain to this American what watershed means? I assume due the addition of the actual girl in the post watershed video it has to due with the time of day/ night it can be shown?

Wikipedia has this information about watershed (television):

a time each evening after which certain material may be shown

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watershed_(television)