TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Why would they re-theme that whole area instead of making Thirteen its own, new, unique area? In my mind, it would be much easier to do that and help ease confusion with names.

Just a thought.

Because there is no reference to Ug Land left in the area, the only possible excuse a few seasons ago was that Corkscrew looked sort of like bones. If they make Thirteen it's own area there will be 4 areas in the park each with 1 ride in them, one of which doesnt even match the theme.

Nice pics. The theming looks great, definitely the best theming Alton Towers has had for years.

Merlin have definitely put the quality of theming up a notch during their ownership of the park. Big fan of Mutiny Bay's theming but from what we've seen of Thirteen, it outshines that completely.

Merlin have definitely put the quality of theming up a notch during their ownership of the park. Big fan of Mutiny Bay's theming but from what we've seen of Thirteen, it outshines that completely.

To be fair, this park has always themed it's major attractions quite well, the only exception I can think of is RITA. Merlin are doing great but I wouldn't want to detract from the previous owners...

Station looks amazing, this ride could be pretty impressive, the story seems to be following the Hex/Nemesis route, so we could see something nice come out of this!

We'll have to do a Brit Crew plus Andrew meet there in March

Dave

I'd agree that there were some good additions under previous but there were also some terribly themed attractions too. Rita as you mentioned, I'd add Spinball to that list, the Dungheap play area and even Air (granted it went over budget but the theming was never added in later years).

So far Merlin have got everything pretty much bang on theming wise. It definitely seems more a priority with Merlin than previous owners.

Are those themed arch things supports?

I was wondering the same at first, but upon closer observation, the statues are actually placed out in front of Rita's track and supports. It's easier to see this in the last picture.

^ Alton Towers height restriction is that they can't build anything above tree height. This is generally about 70ft high.

Looking at the plans it would seem Rita and Thirteen are pretty much the same height, maybe give or take a couple of metres at tops