TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

although it doesn't have a defining moments the swooping movements throughout the ride did feel more like flying than most of the forceless moves on S:UF's or any Vekmoa Flyers.

Before I rode it others were complaining about too much time on your back, but I honestly don't remember that. Even right after the ride and rerides I kept questioning why everyone made this comment.

I like Tatsu better and I love the Pretzel Loop elememt on S:UF but overall this is my 2nd favorite flyer.

Then again Flying Coasters are at the bottom of the coaster chain along with Suspended Coasters

From what I've heard, I'll put it firmly in the "Needs lots of improvement" category. Lying on your back is not something a flying coaster should be doing to you unless it is part of an inversion, like a rollover or a loop.

It was a good idea, but it wasn't executed very well.

except for getting stuck on it, i love it!!!

i feel that the name suits the ride, not too fast or scary, just an experience really. the inline twist into the tunnel is breath taking, especially when you see the massive boulder fly underneath your nose. loads of interaction with viewers, generally a great ride!

loved every second, even going into the flying position in the station. only criticism is that it needs a launch and the tunnel you need to go through should have something interesting on it

Before I rode it others were complaining about too much time on your back, but I honestly don't remember that. Even right after the ride and rerides I kept questioning why everyone made this comment.

There is that one long section, about 1/4 of the track length where it is spent on your back. For some reason, this really annoys me. Not sure why, but it's like the "2nd lift" on some coasters that totally breaks the entire experience for me.

--Robb

There is that one long section, about 1/4 of the track length where it is spent on your back. For some reason, this really annoys me. Not sure why, but it's like the "2nd lift" on some coasters that totally breaks the entire experience for me.

--Robb

its a banked incline, a banked helix, a banked decline into the lie to fly, then a full inline twist

Air is the best of the BM Flying coasters in my opinion. It is just an overall more fun coaster for me. I don't like intense rides for the most part, plus there is actually a little bit of airtime on one of the bunny hills (I think after the backside track).

I believe my response would be... 'meh'.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking too.

I really liked Air, but it's the only B&M flyer I've ridden. Also at the time, it was only the 4th B&M I'd ever ridden (Raptor in 94&96, Mantis in 96, Oblivion a few minutes before). I'm sure once I ride another flyer that isn't a Volare it will be better than Air in my mind.

Air is far from thrilling, but a fun, relaxing ride IMO. I'll definitely ride it a few times next time I'm at AT.

Air is not a rubbish ride, but the finished product offers nothing that is really memorable, apart from the gimmick of the flying position that you ride in. It seems underdeveloped, which as some people will note can be bad.

I kind of get the point the part of the ride spent on your back, it opens up the ride to the spectator and the rider, and offers a little something more to the rider, considering how the park are limited by their tree line height limit. But it's really an aesthetic contribution, and doesn't add much to the ride itself.

You people have to remember that:

1. Alton can't build above trees. I guess they could build trenches like on Nemesis, but they decided not to.

2. Air was B&M's prototype flyer, so it won't be the best.

3. Air was built to be more of a family attraction.

Air, while not as large as the later flyers looks like a quality ride. In fact, it looks better than S:UF, and unlike S:UF, there is no single element that the ride is about. I know some of you will argu that I've never ridden it so I don't really know it, but IMO Air seems to be an under rated ride that is over looked because of the larger flyers like S:UF/Tatsu.

^ the question wasn't "is this a good or bad coaster for one that has height restriction?"

The question is: Is it good or bad? The restrictions should have no bearing on ones answer.

Agreed. And it certainly isn't a "bad" ride at all it's just not my favorite flyer. (then again, like stand ups...no flyer is really going to break my top 50 coasters anyway....)

--Robb

^ the question wasn't "is this a good or bad coaster for one that has height restriction?"

The question is: Is it good or bad? The restrictions should have no bearing on ones answer.

Exactly. And if one thing proves that point, look what Alton Towers achieved a few yards away with Nemesis!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...