TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Yeah call me confused. Is it two lifts? Is it known there is going to be a launch? What is going on there?

Is that a splashdown I see lol?

And finally, nice job on all those airtime hills. It's like an extended dance remix of Toro's finale.

*I still really, really want to go to this park.

I created this a while back BEFORE the plans were fully released. Don't trust this! Use these ones Instead, made using the real plans released recently: (Ive had to watermark them since media sites (like the one you listed) have been taking my images without my permission and not citing the source )

adc4be3e95bfd8744e28ebaf1ae4332a.jpg

f698f2b9d742feb5e11a99adfe21af44.jpg

9900af25f4e891898b917994129c1d14.jpg

So basically all of this is fanfiction???

I'm out of the loop here, is this real or not? If it's fan fiction surely we can come up with something better than a woodie with a water splash right!?!?

^^The picture you posted and the one shown in the article, plus all those above are based on the SW8 plans that recently surfaced. So although they're unlikely to be 100% correct, the final coaster will look sort of like them when it opens in 2018. So no,not fan fiction but based upon the plans.

^^The picture you posted and the one shown in the article, plus all those above are based on the SW8 plans that recently surfaced. So although they're unlikely to be 100% correct, the final coaster will look sort of like them when it opens in 2018. So no,not fan fiction but based upon the plans.

So basically fan fiction . . . of what they think it will be. Plan fiction!

Okay time to throw my hat in the ring about this investment.

Im going to cut straight to the point and say I'm more interested in what toilet paper I will buy next than this. Merlin have done nothing but deliver lack lustre investments and lazy attempts at re theming IN MY OPINION over the last few years so I have no reason to think this will be any different what so ever. I have never been of the belief that Alton needed a woodie and I stand by that even now. Don't get me wrong I love woodies but this does nothing for me. Hell I mean they may prove me wrong and this may be a kick arse ride if it gets built without the locals moaning about it. If that day does come I will happily give them the credit for it but until it happens I am not going to be paying much if any attention to this project.

• 2 weeks later...
^I don't think that's an actual thing though, we've got quite a few woodies here in the UK and i don't think people see them any differently to a steel coaster and certainly not in a unsafe manor.

I do recall when I was at Blackpool Pleasure Beach a few years back hearing some people say they should get rid of all the old wooden coasters and replace them with modern ones.

I nearly ripped off their heads and took them home as a souvenir.

Okay time to throw my hat in the ring about this investment.

Im going to cut straight to the point and say I'm more interested in what toilet paper I will buy next than this. Merlin have done nothing but deliver lack lustre investments and lazy attempts at re theming IN MY OPINION over the last few years so I have no reason to think this will be any different what so ever. I have never been of the belief that Alton needed a woodie and I stand by that even now. Don't get me wrong I love woodies but this does nothing for me. Hell I mean they may prove me wrong and this may be a kick arse ride if it gets built without the locals moaning about it. If that day does come I will happily give them the credit for it but until it happens I am not going to be paying much if any attention to this project.

Totally agree, Merlin have really lowered the quality of rides and attractions at the best known park in the UK. A woodie has potential, but these plans show a very budget concious looking ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Alton Towers have today submitted a new planning application, citing "Demolition of existing structures and installation of a new ride and construction of associated buildings, along with landscaping works."

Now comes the waiting game regarding any documentation being uploaded.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=105655

The plans for the new mystery ride have been uploaded now, and it's a simple round ride in CBeebies Land.

AT.thumb.png.ac422195f2e5a1608153bd2933804dc9.png

CBeebies Round Ride

While it's not a particularly exciting addition, at least they are continue to expand CBeebies with new attractions, and they've not had a ride like this in the park for quite a few years now. It's just a shame that Cloud Cuckoo Land (the other 'kid's area) seems to be being left to rot with closures and no apparent new additions.