TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Still not understanding why they're planning to take so long with construction though, the sites a little hilly, but aside from that i'm not seeing why it's going to take over a year to build.

Well, if it has a launched lift hill....

I'm hoping they'll go with the pirate theme, seeming as the entrance is within Mutiny Bay, but the Flume sat there with bathtubs floating around for years, so anything could happen. A break from the evil/sinister theme that Merlin seem to be hung up on would be good.

The plans show possible theming around the track, so having some sort of shipwreck that the coaster speeds through could provide some good head-chopper moments.

Seeing that layout, it looks more like an 'old school' woodie than a modern one.

Not going to judge it until it leaves the paper, but I was going to say... I remember a good while back, there were some good-looking plans and a rumor going around about a terrain wood coaster. Looks like they would be going the slightly less ambitious route. I imagine the neighbors could have something to do with that.

Alton is very high on my list of places to visit because of Nemesis, and I know Oblivion was a thing prior to that type evolving into what it is today with the Busch installations- but there are a lot of less than inspired designs at that park, it seems. I can see what they were shooting for with Thirteen, but beyond that (some would say failed) concept and Nemesis...?

The neighbours didn't have anything to do with this one, the plan was to have a big terrain woodie that started in Forbidden Valley but the Smiler crash caused attendance to fall off a cliff. So Merlin are...reluctant to spend huge amounts of cash at the moment. This was supposed to be open next year but got pushed back a year for the same reason.

I'm hoping they'll go with the pirate theme, seeming as the entrance is within Mutiny Bay, but the Flume sat there with bathtubs floating around for years, so anything could happen. A break from the evil/sinister theme that Merlin seem to be hung up on would be good.

The plans show possible theming around the track, so having some sort of shipwreck that the coaster speeds through could provide some good head-chopper moments.

The plans also say that the station will have a thatched roof and timber construction, more like Katanga Canyon than Mutiny Bay, but the entrance is in Mutiny Bay so who knows!

I'd love this! I was hoping for the coaster to be over water too with water effects, but I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

Went to AT for an interview last month. Spoke with a manager whom shall remain anonymous and we had the following conversation.

"So the new woodie, I've two manufacturers in mind who id love the coaster to come from"

Him "What manufacturers have you got in mind?"

Me "Rocky Mountain and GCI"

Him "If you're after a Rocky Mountain, I wouldn't buy tickets if I were you"

Me "I'd still love a GCI mind"

Him "Then you won't be disappointed"

Take with a pinch of salt but if I was a betting man I'd edge your bets on the GCI we're all expecting.

I only rode one CGI and that was Twister at Gröna Lund... I liked the first drop and the compact size intertwined with the other 3? coasters... But the ride it self still left me kind of disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting.

I know Alton probably needs a good family-ride more than another thrill-ride, but still... I would've loved a second RMC in Europe.

Maybe the launch will give it an extra kick.

I read somewhere that the coaster will have FORTY EIGHT seats. That a lot, especially for a wooden coaster. Because AT is so into 'so called' world firsts (Galactica comes to mind ) I wander if it will be the 'worlds first' wooden coaster with four abreast seating?