TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

^Ehm, no, I haven't. Evidently its obvious too, there goes my cover as a super secret non park worker

I'm just saying that you keep debating certain things that some people who have spent most of their lives working in parks are saying, but maybe instead you should be listening based on theirs (and not just my) experience.

^Its all good, and I would accept never working for a park I would know far less about how things generally work in them. Not really intentionally disagreeing/debating as such, just offering (an uneducated outsiders) thoughts on why things may be the way they are is all.

Alton Towers Theme Park will re-open at 10am tomorrow, Monday 8th June 2015.

Due to the ongoing investigation into the incident on The Smiler last Tuesday, X-Sector will remain closed until further notice.

Hopefully X-Sector wont be shut for too long....

Not sure how much longer this will be the case for, but tickets for tomorrow are still acceptable at Warwick Castle, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures or LEGOLAND Windsor. Suppose they only announced at 5.30pm today they'd be open, its a bit short notice really so people would probably have already been thinking to go to one of those other parks with their AT tickets.

Just to clarify a few points re: disappointment for hotel guests over the weekend, as I was booked in for a 2 night stay.

Once we checked in we were:

- Given a free return stay (2 nights) to use any time in the next 12 months or the option of a full refund

- Free and unlimited use of the waterpark, golf and tree trop quest (new high/low ropes course)

- Free theme park tickets for the future

- Letters of apology

This meant that none of the hotel guests over the weekend were left disappointed. All were allowed to stay - and can now come back for free as guests of the resort.

The service was second to none and I was very, very impressed indeed.

Rides remained closed on Sunday for additional staff training, as far as I can tell.

It's a Win Win WIN for the guests!

You say that but I'm pretty sure they would have all preferred the accident didn't happen and their holiday/break was what they planned originally.

You can't fault the park on what they have done though, they have managed to make the best they can out of such a terrible and unexpected situation. I am sure they are looking forward to re opening on Monday and for the sake of the staff at least trying to get things back to as normal as they can be after this whole thing.

I don't know if some of you have seen this video already but I thought I would share it. A woman from Sky News interview the CEO from Merlin Entertainment Nick Varney. He completely keeps his cool and makes him self clear with what he is saying. But the woman is clearly on some sort of power trip, she constantly talks over him and just doesn't understand what he says. I think he did a great job and stayed professional.

Oh, please. She was one of the founders of Sky News and she's been an anchor for them for nearly 30 years. If you *honestly believe* that she will get fired over an interview with the CEO of an amusement park or an internet petition is going to have any impact then you're dumber than the people who think Smiler is going to be torn down. I mean, the crazy stuff she said during 9/11 was by far way worse than this!

Honestly, I think the nature of these pages since the incident naturally repeated themselves. This is the 40th page so far, and just now it seems to have calmed down.

I did go back and read all the speculations. There was quite a bit, but it took a very time. At this point, most everything we could propose has been commented, and the best we can do is wait. I hope tomorrow has a good turnout for AT.

EDIT: v Yeah, I've noticed that. I tend to just pass over it because I've already seen it, but wouldn't have read all the pages though if I wasn't interested.

Edited by RollerManic

Honestly, I think the nature of these pages since the incident naturally repeated themselves. This is the 40th page so far, and just now it seems to have calmed down.

I'm talking about the EXACT SAME STUFF, links to the EXACT SAME VIDEOS, and the EXACT SAME PETITION that was only just posted a few pages back. If you can't respect that, you also don't have to post here.