TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

The video talks about theoretical technologies that could have applications in amusement industry rides in the future, not for The Smiler. Not sure where that whole "rumored for this ride" thing came from, but as far as the video goes, it only proposes concepts for the future.

You can smile on the Smiler, but it won't "alter" your ride experience aside from making you look happier.

Looks great! In the POV, listen closely and you can hear the "Ha-ha-ha! Ha-ha-ha!" of the ride's soundtrack at the bottom of the first lift hill. Ignoring the mirroring of the video, the letters on the wall there spell out "HA HA HA", a nice little touch.

And yes, the "Ha-ha-ha!" theme is very catchy!

You sure 'bout that? I see this: Ah-ah-ah And the theme is insanely catchy, been stuck in my head the past few days!

Well I watched the POV and did the Smiler app ride through and in the app, even with all inversions unlocked, it is not an exact recreation. There's some parts missing/changed.

I think it will look pretty crazy when they have more than one train on the ride. With how twisted everything is it there will probably be a few moments of close calls!

Hopefully the UK has no YOLO people that will throw stuff from the trains or have loose articles fly cough...cough Dueling Dragons..cough!

I really like the way the logo is painted on the maintenance shed. It looks completely normal at the beginning of the brake run, but as you get closer to it you can see how warped it is.

Tonight sees the VIP Media Launch of The Smiler.

Alton Towers have said they'll be posting a number of photos and other information throughout the course of the event via their Twitter page.

385313_10151690415763185_1138837995_n.jpg.58d44339e86c0cb7d510590c8f065c9d.jpg

Along with plenty of other theming elements the "rainbow stairs", that made their debut appearance in the game, have made it on the finished ride.

smilerface.thumb.jpg.4f8265f3e3477b6f6775c4a1313d8e5e.jpg

The staff at the event have obviously already been corrected.

BKfiGMGCAAEvFGI.jpg.55ccf76edbe5321b85241d866ac29ee6.jpg

The Towers make for quite a venue!

Edited by Dobba

As unlikely as it is, I think it would be really neat to have the staff wear those facial appliances all the time when working the ride. It's a really awesome way of extending the ride's theme in a unique way!

Found this video thanks to Towersstreet Facebook. The video it self is from Express online.

You can see how smooth the ride is in this reverse POV little shocks at the Cobra but for the rest you fly through the track.

Besides someone should tell the guy in the blue shirt a coaster like this only becomes more nauseating when you close your eyes.

^^ I hated that video, I'm sorry. He look highly uncomfortable & not enthused to be on the coaster, his eyes were closed the entire time, I mean what the heck dude

On a side note, I love that coaster!!! Clearly, the plan or "rumored" plan to have a 360 rotating track didn't happen; bummer, it would've been epic. Overall, can you imagine this thing at night?!! O_O GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!

Good Advert, love it. It's as mysterious as the theme.

2 things I noticed in the ad.

1. Light effects: I think the tunnel will have some light effects down there.

2. I suspect there is a small reference to the dueling in the video. If you look at the Staffordshire knot scene you see 2 cars.

Both 2 are just speculations at my behalf.

^^It looked like they had both cars on the one area of track but hard to tell. Good advert. So want to get corrected soon!

Yeh, one train was entering the batwing, while the other was exiting the batwing. Obviously that isn't going to happen on the real ride but it was referencing that the trains will duel.