TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Yeah, that video was pretty bad. Glad they at least posted one though. I can't wait to see a nice POV of the ride, and see how smooth or painful it really is. It does look like an amazing ride though.

Wonder if this will beat Gatekeeper for best new coaster, this year. I really am amazed by Smilers crazy layout.

I don't think Gatekeeper will get best new Steel Coaster. With iRat and this alone it has some stiff competition.

Seriously? I think Cedar Point could build a kiddie coaster and it would win best new coaster. The GTA's love CP. Even though i agree Smiler, iRat, Outlaw Run should be top contenders.

About the shaking, i have only been on one euro fighter and it was smooth as hell. So i cant tell what the average euro shakiness is.

Try riding Saw nothing smooth about that lol rough as hell now

Wonder if this will beat Gatekeeper for best new coaster, this year. I really am amazed by Smilers crazy layout.

I don't think Gatekeeper will get best new Steel Coaster. With iRat and this alone it has some stiff competition.

Seriously? I think Cedar Point could build a kiddie coaster and it would win best new coaster. The GTA's love CP. Even though i agree Smiler, iRat, Outlaw Run should be top contenders.

About the shaking, i have only been on one euro fighter and it was smooth as hell. So i cant tell what the average euro shakiness is.

I have to agree, Saw was horrible last time I rode it

I have to agree, Saw was horrible last time I rode it

Honestly I only ever really felt painful headbanging on one of my four rides on Saw. I found Colossus to be much, much worse. Gerstlauer OTSR's are much lower than Intamin ones and its therefore somewhat easier to escape head banging by leaning forward a bit. Meanwhile, I had to do the SLC brace position on Colossus to escape a migraine.

^ Looks slower. Can this be a different train?

Could it be that Saw's roughness was part of the theming? Because the only Euro-fighter I rode wasn't really bad or handbagging. As you can read I haven't got many experience with Euro-fighter's so I can't judge.

I am so hoping they eventually test running two trains at once.

Both lift hills timed for it.

I really want to see these coaster trains "inter-act", lol.

^Is that fence temporary? I just think it looks tacky although it could look a lot better in real life.

I doubt its temporary I'm sure I've seen that style of fence on plenty of other rides to keep riders out.

Well, at least we have a pov. Thanks for editing it. By the way, I think I missed what the world's first element really is.

Probably the interlocking Batwing and Cobra Roll.

If they never advertised for a "world's first element", the "world's first" is the 14 inversions.