TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Ill keep you updated.

I just sent this to alton towers and the sun newspaper.

Anyone else in the same vote?????

Hi there

I recently took advantage of the Sun Alton Towers Ticket offer and selected the date range that Smiler would be open band C onwards (see below) i was sent 4 x My tickets are for the 21st May.

I have today noticed that Alton Towers have announced the smiler opening on the 23rd May

I only collected the 2 sets of tokens (seperate addresses) so i could ride the brand new roller coaster, and you state that band C would cover 18th May - 7th June 2013.

Where do i stand with this as i definately see some kingd of error or miss print which was out of control?

Regards

*Please note that The Smiler ride opens in May. Some of our tickets

will be allocated on dates before its launch (date bands A & B).

Band

Date Range

A*

01 Apr – 21 Apr 2013

B*

22 Apr – 17 May 2013

C

18 May – 07 Jun 2013

D

08 Jun – 28 Jun 2013

E

29 Jun – 17 Jul 2013

F

18 Jul – 08 Aug 2013

G

09 Aug – 31 Aug 2013

H

01 Sep – 21 Sep 2013

J

22 Sep – 12 Oct 2013

k

13 Oct – 07 Nov 2013

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01685/Alton_Towers_Booki_1685988a.pdf

You dot as it says some tickets will be allocated on dates before its open it will all be covered in the small print im afraid

I was thinking that too. They did originaly say they would be doing previews in May befor opening... I am wondering now weather to risk it with the tickets ive got for the 21st???

Does Alton usually do soft openings? It could simplify life for those going in the week leading up to the 23rd.

^^ Most likely not. There have been lighting all over the construction site these past few days, which I'm aware of are removed already. Now with this video I'm sure it was for this.

Great video the shoots of the track and the lighting makes it really a good way to announce the world first of this ride. To be honest I only mist one thing, a train.

Couple of rather interesting tweets from a cameraman and field producer on ITV's Daybreak.

11 last night:

Filming @Lauratobin1 possibly screaming with fear on a secret new roller coaster tomorrow. Watch this space for pictures

11 this morning

In Staffordshire preparing to throw Laura around on a roller coaster. There may be so gopro action.

Looks like they're confident enough to put some of the media on the ride and during the park's open hours too.

Worlds first 14 looping roller coaster.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Awesome!!

Granted as a coaster enthusiast group we know this to be true but I wonder what the GP will make of this when the guiness book of world records has been stating Eejanaika for years now as having this record.

^^ To add to that...

Laura Tobin ‏@Lauratobin1

Will I be the first member of the public to ride #thesmiler @altontowers Watch Daybreak tomorrow from 6am #scream

Thanks! Just put that on record!

Hoping for some footage of it in action.

Yeah there wasn't any capitation about the record with the picture. But My best guess is the 14 inversions. (Hopefully kicking the lying Eejanaika from it's throne) It seems like we only care about the train in the background.

Just a question here, Has the smiler already taken the record from Colossus, or isn't that going to happen until it opens? I ask because I have no idea how when records get official with roller coasters and I want to know.

Just a question here, Has the smiler already taken the record from Colossus, or isn't that going to happen until it opens? I ask because I have no idea how when records get official with roller coasters and I want to know.

I would assume when its built and opened