TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

I just sent this to alton towers and the sun newspaper.

Anyone else in the same vote?????

Hi there

I recently took advantage of the Sun Alton Towers Ticket offer and selected the date range that Smiler would be open band C onwards (see below) i was sent 4 x My tickets are for the 21st May.

I have today noticed that Alton Towers have announced the smiler opening on the 23rd May

I only collected the 2 sets of tokens (seperate addresses) so i could ride the brand new roller coaster, and you state that band C would cover 18th May - 7th June 2013.

Where do i stand with this as i definately see some kingd of error or miss print which was out of control?

Regards

*Please note that The Smiler ride opens in May. Some of our tickets

will be allocated on dates before its launch (date bands A & B).

Band

Date Range

A*

01 Apr – 21 Apr 2013

B*

22 Apr – 17 May 2013

C

18 May – 07 Jun 2013

D

08 Jun – 28 Jun 2013

E

29 Jun – 17 Jul 2013

F

18 Jul – 08 Aug 2013

G

09 Aug – 31 Aug 2013

H

01 Sep – 21 Sep 2013

J

22 Sep – 12 Oct 2013

k

13 Oct – 07 Nov 2013

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01685/Alton_Towers_Booki_1685988a.pdf

I'm curious as to why they are using those type of dummies rather than the water filled ones we usually see

With all the inversions maybe the water will come out the top, That happens on Fahrenheit and this has double the inversions

The fins on both of the lifts are an alternative to the standard anti rollbacks that other coasters have. The Smiler is built in an area of the park in which is has had past issues with excessive noise. Hence the reason for the "Don't Look Down" sound effect removal and the covering of Oblivion's anti rollback ratchets with a slight rubber cover to reduce noise.

I'm sure at the design stage of the ride, Alton will have notified Guerstlauer of this and they will have come up with the solution of using a magnetic anti rollback system which in turn keeps any noise to a minimum.

Simple as that.

So are they going to put plastic bags on the human riders heads as well? What part of Marmalization is that? The auto erotic asphyxiator?

That's the best part!

Can't wait for this to open now, am clearly gonna have to book the day off work.

I just sent this to alton towers and the sun newspaper.

Anyone else in the same vote?????

Hi there

I recently took advantage of the Sun Alton Towers Ticket offer and selected the date range that Smiler would be open band C onwards (see below) i was sent 4 x My tickets are for the 21st May.

I have today noticed that Alton Towers have announced the smiler opening on the 23rd May

I only collected the 2 sets of tokens (seperate addresses) so i could ride the brand new roller coaster, and you state that band C would cover 18th May - 7th June 2013.

Where do i stand with this as i definately see some kingd of error or miss print which was out of control?

Regards

*Please note that The Smiler ride opens in May. Some of our tickets

will be allocated on dates before its launch (date bands A & B).

Band

Date Range

A*

01 Apr – 21 Apr 2013

B*

22 Apr – 17 May 2013

C

18 May – 07 Jun 2013

D

08 Jun – 28 Jun 2013

E

29 Jun – 17 Jul 2013

F

18 Jul – 08 Aug 2013

G

09 Aug – 31 Aug 2013

H

01 Sep – 21 Sep 2013

J

22 Sep – 12 Oct 2013

k

13 Oct – 07 Nov 2013

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01685/Alton_Towers_Booki_1685988a.pdf

You dont as it says some tickets will be allocated on dates before its open it will all be covered in the small print im afraid

Edited by BudtheWeiser