TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Don't know if its been mentioned before but has anyone noticed what appears to be brake fins on the second lift hill. Maybe a grizzy disney kind of lift drop, worlds first vertical reverse drop on a continuous circuit coaster.

Both lifts have those fins, they are just a noise free anti-rollback device. Alton Towers have had problems with the neighbours regarding noise in that area so these should help keep the noise down a bit.

^ That's some way of marketing they did there.

Getting to the end of construction now:

2 pieces already lifted today. 1 to go now.

Towerstimes forum.

Final piece:

Towerstimes member.

Hope to hear or see it go in today, can't wait for it.

That last photo really shows how crazy this ride is. It takes up a relatively small area of space and just crams it full of track. Going to be pretty intense and boy will I be there for opening. I also cannot wait, (once i've ridden it) to station myself at different points around the ride and shoot a ton of photos. Going to be excellent for grabbing facial expression photos!

During this interview, creator of the ride, John Wardley states that they managed to get more track per square meter then any other ride in the world so far.

Just a reminder of why it looks like a big twisted mass of steel. Can't wait till tomorrow when the last piece of this monstrous 3D jigsaw goes in place.

It took some time but it's finally complete. Well I guess now nothing more then installing the chain in the first hill and finish the wire work so they can finally go over to testing this beautiful ride. I'm already looking forward to it.

^^ Yes I'm sure. This 1170 meter (3838 feet) long track is complete. I mean enough is enough.

On Towerstimes Facebook they released a sneak peak of the last aerial update. This sneak peak shows the Marmaliser:

400577_10151651927783185_87276406_n.jpg

I must say I think it looks really impressive already. I wonder how they don't make it look like a concrete bin with a coaster but on a great themed area.

On this photo on Facebook, someone commented: "Nice to see they're being eco friendly too "

Now I might be wrong, and I hope I am, then I think they think the Marmaliser is a machine used to gather up trash or something. If that's really the case, then just... wow...

Was it already decided and 'concepted' what the floor under this thing would look like?

Been so long ago, I can't remember if it's been posted or not.

Old age. The New Excuse!

On this photo on Facebook, someone commented: "Nice to see they're being eco friendly too "

Now I might be wrong, and I hope I am, then I think they think the Marmaliser is a machine used to gather up trash or something. If that's really the case, then just... wow...

I'm 100% sure (s)he is referring to the solar-panels on the Flasher.

62591_10151652069313185_302064369_n.jpg

(also from Towerstimes facebook)

It looks amazing like this. Can't wait to see the final look of this ride.