TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Are those brake or launch fins? Gerstlauer doesn't usually have anything but a chain on their lift hills, so that's kind of interesting. First vertical launch, if they're launch fins.

Really, they could also just be to catch the train in the event the chain breaks, seeing as a rollback would involve one train hitting the one behind it due to the short brake run right before the lift.

The more this ride gets built out, the less I understand it.

The more that people comment on the construction, the less I understand.

Perhaps if there are enough confusing comments, we'll all understand more.

Then again, I don't understand what I mean by that. Perhaps that's the whole idea behind Smiler--understanding nothing. It is one of the craziest-looking rides I've ever seen.

Are those brake or launch fins? Gerstlauer doesn't usually have anything but a chain on their lift hills, so that's kind of interesting. First vertical launch, if they're launch fins.

Nah, that's too thin to be a launch. Plus, LSM or LIM are white, and brakes sometimes brown like here. Those are definitely brakes.. But why? A traditional lift would have classic anti-roll back... Do they plan to do a launch with the chain...?! A backward vertical drop on purprose?

So intriguing.

^The backwards fall would be interesting. Take the train to the top of the lift and let it fall back to the bottom before actually taking it up and over. I think I mentioned it for the first lift, but I never would've thought about it for the vertical one!

Whatever it is, it's something that isn't on any other Eurofighter, so (hopefully) it must do something interesting!

My guess is that it is an anti roll-back device and will be used for evacuation purposes. Don't forget this will be using 4x4 trains and not the usual Eurofighter 4x2 trains which means it is longer and also heavier. If you have seen an evacuation done on a Eurofighter you will see how hard and complicated it is as obviously the train is vertical not horizontal - like usual evacuations. I believe in the event of an evacuation the train will be able to disengage the lift and rollback slowly by using the said brake fins.

Don't forget, this is a different bread of Eurofighter. Different trains, no beyond vertical drop, ect.

Track work being done today and the ride is almost done.

548965_551698434861339_945588049_n.jpg

(Alton Towers guide facebook)

Final turn into the brakes are now done.

Top view of the work done on the ride. Black and yellow are done, red and orange not done.

Only the first drop, twisted drop and first hill need to go in. For the 2 drops (the majority of) the Supports are placed.

I expect a weekend completion of the ride, it sounds pretty reasonable now.

...It is? Oh, ok. I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I can't tell at all what's going on here.

Look at the construction plan I posted. Its hard to keep up, but its 100% accurate. There isn't more to do but the First lift, first drop en the drop after the vertical lift (twisted drop).

...It is? Oh, ok. I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I can't tell at all what's going on here.

Look at the construction plan I posted. Its hard to keep up, but its 100% accurate. There isn't more to do but the First lift, first drop en the drop after the vertical lift (twisted drop).

I think your the only person here who can actually follow the construction. I have no clue what is what