TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

The Marmolizer is a terrible closing pitcher who blows the games for the Cubs.

I don't want to ruin your fun but it's called the Marmaliser not the Marmoliser.

They have added the syringe's to the Inoculator today. Looks awesome if you ask me:

543844_467709949966121_244891251_n.jpg

(Towersstreet facebook)

I really hope it doesn't spray you with water. I'm kind of getting annoyed by all these coaster water spraying gimmicks. I really don't feel that it adds anything and moreso it's just annoying.

I think Bandit at Yomiuriland is the only acceptable wet coaster! LOL

There's a difference between coasting through a water mist like Oblivion,

and having water shot right at you, like (Wet)Bandit did, in Yomuiriland*.

Still great both ways, but with WetBandit you knew what was coming - sort of, lol.

(*Not to mention a HUMONGOUS Fire Hose blasting at you, before returning to the station.)

If it does spray you with water, the jets better not be like the ones on the 4D cinema at HV Wuhan because we all got drenched! That thing needed calibrating or something!

I have to agree and say Oblivion is not right without it's mist but that is an entirely different sensation to other rides actually spraying you with water which is a bit more unnecessary.

The B&M Wingrider at Gardaland was somewhere between a spritzer and fire hose. I don't trust Merlin not to try and annoy us while riding!

Okay note to self: Go to Alton Towers (after may), ride the Smiler, Buy a dry T-shirt and change shirt.

I think it won't be much water, if it's actually true. I do Agree on the Merlin part. Knowing Merlin that this is really not just for show, it will have some effects that will involve the riders.

I'm sorry if this was asked a million times before, but is this ride going to be enclosed? Looks amazing!

With the exception of the turn around before the lift, no, but i think it would be really cool if it was.

Edit: Just realized this was answered already... oops.

I'm hoping there isn't water as well. I'm always grossed out by how unsanitary it can be. One time I got sprayed on a ride and it smelled like straight mildew.

Bacterial infections as a souvenir!

Towersstreet facebook shows us that the motor of the vertical lift is in the trench.

547423_468293969907719_2003173199_n.jpg

Working hard there. Also track has arrived late today, so I guess that there is a chance of some vertical construction tomorrow on the First drop (let's hope for updates).

Normally I'm no fan of spreading rumors myself, but I heard a rumor that the ride opens May 18th what is about 5 and a half weeks from now. Does that sound possible with this state of the construction? I have no fears that the track work and Marmaliser aren't done then. But with testing and all that?

Normally I'm no fan of spreading rumors myself, but I heard a rumor that the ride opens May 18th what is about 5 and a half weeks from now. Does that sound possible with this state of the construction? I have no fears that the track work and Marmaliser aren't done then. But with testing and all that?

Yeah, I seriously doubt that it could be open by then, I mean Gatekeeper is already testing and it will open just 9 days before that date so......