TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

It looks like they're trying to "out spaghetti bowl" Flight of Fear and Joker's Jinx.

This is usually what makes "my" kind of coaster. I love out of control rides, and absolutely love Flight of Fear because of its layout. (A coaster of the like include Spongebob Rock Bottom Plunge.)

This could very well be the first coaster to get me more nauseated than my first few re-rides on Montu; if I ever get the chance to ride it someday.

^^

Oh, I see the layout has been slightly changed and a few more inversions added.

Will it still have the "washing machine" element or have they got rid of it and chosen to add some inversions instead?

I don't think that POV video is completely accurate but it gives you a good idea. Doesn't seem the washing machine element will exist but they are still claiming a worlds first to be revealed in May (which isn't the inversion count) so goodness knows what it'll be.

^^

Oh, I see the layout has been slightly changed and a few more inversions added.

Will it still have the "washing machine" element or have they got rid of it and chosen to add some inversions instead?

The only known thing in the dark section is the roll i believe. The washing machine was never official, and it could still happen but i think its highly unlikely

I'm really looking forward to riding this but it's definitely going to give people's stomachs a run for their money! On Colossus, 4 of the inversions are all in a row so you can sort of get used to going through them but here it's one different inversion after another!

I hope Alton have their sick bags at the ready!

I'm pretty sure we get some hang time from the inside inversion, the drops and the last two witch is nice two. It indeed lacks some airtime as we look at it but it will make up with it in this awesome lay-out. Can't wait till July I'm coming to England for this.

I really like the fact that people have absolutely no clue what is going on with this ride. It reminds me of the pre-informational overload days when you didn't really know what the hell you were getting yourself into when going to the park and riding rides.

I'm really looking forward to riding this but it's definitely going to give people's stomachs a run for their money! On Colossus, 4 of the inversions are all in a row so you can sort of get used to going through them but here it's one different inversion after another!

I hope Alton have their sick bags at the ready!

This is exactly what I was thinking as this coaster type isn't exactly the smoothest out there, and without the correct maintenance this could turn out to be the ultimate migrane inducer after the first couple of years (crossing my fingers for the lap-bar rumor to be true).

I do however think that the vertical lift half way through somehow breaks the nausea cycle, albeit for just a few seconds.