TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Everybody is talking about the layout but maybe the "world first element" is not in the track, but in the trains... All the theming is going around the inoculator, the hypnotizer... maybe the trains will feature water spray effects and some other special effects?

Don't get your hopes up until we see actual photos of the trains, please.

It's better to keep your expectations low, that way you'll be happy when they are exceeded.

Plus, a posted pic from a couple of pages ago clearly shows the trains with yellow OTSRs

Load the Scanner in the game and hold it over the following image

Plus, a posted pic from a couple of pages ago clearly shows the trains with yellow OTSRs

That one? That's just a stock image used for marketing. Those I think are B&M restraints anyways, not Gerstlauer.

These are an example of the OTSRs that Gerstlauer uses. I'm still up in the air on what Smiler will be using. So far, none of the train images have shown them prominently.

Load the Scanner in the game and hold it over the following image

That one? That's just a stock image used for marketing. Those I think are B&M restraints anyways, not Gerstlauer.

These are an example of the OTSRs that Gerstlauer uses. I'm still up in the air on what Smiler will be using. So far, none of the train images have shown them prominently.

What are you talking about? This picture clearly shows that The Smiler will be using lap bars:

Iron Shark also uses lap bars like the above image:

^^ Don't think they add an other one 14 is already a great number for this twisty collected track. Man can't wait till July.

14 is just a tad odd feeling though, I'd like them to make it 15. Now 15 is a nice feeling number. Also the thought of a 14 or + inversion coaster really makes me want to get to England more than I already do. Someday...

What are you talking about? This picture clearly shows that The Smiler will be using lap bars:

Iron Shark also uses lap bars like the above image:

Sorry, someone had said something about that promotional image seeing yellow OTSRs, and was me telling them it was just a stock image, I was comparing it to Gerstlauer OTSRs, which they're not.

I know that it's more than likely going to be lapbars only, so I do apologize for the confusion!

^^ Don't think they add an other one 14 is already a great number for this twisty collected track. Man can't wait till July.

14 is just a tad odd feeling though, I'd like them to make it 15. Now 15 is a nice feeling number. Also the thought of a 14 or + inversion coaster really makes me want to get to England more than I already do. Someday...

I think 14 will most likely be the total number of inversions. It's the number that has been rumoured for quite a while, also remember the first construction photo released by alton towers, the security camera style one, that said 5:14 on it, i think we can assume that meant that the photo showed inversion 5 of 14. Also 7 inversions on each half of the ride seems like a nice feeling number.

This means 10 inversion are up (although 2 half) and I see the camelback into inline coming up what makes 11. We are looking already to the record right here and we know 4 more (including the camelback into inline) are coming up. Great to see them work in this speed.

It looks like they're trying to "out spaghetti bowl" Flight of Fear and Joker's Jinx.

Well when you put it that way, it makes me even more excited for the ride! Indoors or outdoors, I can't get enough of those as-twisted-as-possible layouts.

This is probably just me, but I like how it looks like Oblivion is actually part of the Smiler in those latest pics.