TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Personally, I could see this being how the supports and track are built - in the following order:

Phase 1: As we know, phase 1 was the building of the Batwing/Cobra Roll Element & the inversion under the station as well as the station track.

Phase 2: As we also know, phase 2 was the track above the toilets which included the pre drops from both lifts and half of both inversions which make up the inverted drops.

Phase 3: I would of thought they would want to get the track in underneath the maintenance shed before long as they have to have the maintenance building up a ready alongside the station (of which is having continuous work carried out on it). This could include some sort of secret element/track. This could also be completed before the main season starts (if X-Sector is to be open with the start of the main season) so that if there is a secret element it won't be revealed to the public as the park isn't open.

Phase 4: Could be done at the same time as Phase 3 - This phase is getting most of the middle section of the coaster done. This includes multiple inversions and elements; the first drop, both Dive Loops, both bunny hills, the Corkscrew after the Batwing, the mid-course break run, the sea serpent roll, both corkscrews (could be classed as a barrel roll of sorts) after the Cobra Roll & the final break run and track leading into the station.

Phase 5: Final construction phase which would see the vertical lift & first lift hill being put up into place along with the remaining track for the second inverted drop.

The reason it could be done like this is IF X-Sector is open at the start of the season there is enough room for the crane to put up track in the centre section and then final phase can be done with the crane coming from the access road to the left of the construction site. Another reason why the lift hills may be last is that we haven't seen any lift hill track on park as of yet whereas there is a lot of other track for the inversions and whatnot.

Interesting.

Why did you post this:

Then swap it with my quote?

EDIT: Apparently, the image above is real - and was featured in the Alton Towers Staff Newsletter. I am guessing what was said within the newsletter will be drip feed to us within the coming days/weeks via marketing.

^Is there a way some of us Americans can download the app off of the App Store?

Unless you want to go through a proxy server, get a UK iTunes gift card, and set up a UK iTunes account (which would be a MASSIVE pain), no. That said, it might change soon depending on market demand, but I'd say that we won't get it.

I can't seem to download it on the iTunes Store because I'm currently in debt with them by £8.43... I want a free app and I can't because I'm in debt with them by using a debit card, that doesn't make any sense!?

You owe them money. They aren't running a charity even if the app is free.

I can't seem to download it on the iTunes Store because I'm currently in debt with them by £8.43... I want a free app and I can't because I'm in debt with them by using a debit card, that doesn't make any sense!?

I think that makes sense! lol. Pay them back and then you can download more!

I think that makes sense! lol. Pay them back and then you can download more!

I wish I could but I don't have money in my bank account. But the thing that doesn't make sense is that I was put in debt from debit card and that shouldn't happen because you should only be put in debt from a credit card.

Not only is it now available on the Play Store, it's available in the US! Rejoice! Rejoice!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.altontowers.thesmiler&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hbHRvbnRvd2Vycy50aGVzbWlsZXIiXQ

That said, it isn't compatible with all Android devices. If you own an S3, you're probably out of luck (I can't get it onto mine or my dad's) but it seems to work on most other phones.

OK now this is awesome.

Go on the scanner, go to http://www.the-smiler.com/thesmiler/ - on the homepage. Go to page 3 of the main pictures (the promo image of woman screaming), and scan the image. You get a full animated 3D image. Very very cool.

Even better;

http://www.facebook.com/altontowersresort - move your phone/device and the image is viewed from a different angle.

or..

scan this image.

Three major inversions are missing...

1) Dive Loop (following the first Inverting Drop)

2) Dive Loop (following the first Dive Loop)

3) Corkscrew/Inline (following the Cobra Roll)

The dive loops are definitely in the final ride as they are on the plans and the AR image. The inversion after the cobra roll will be included too in my opinion.

The section labelled 'Top Secret' has 7 hidden items located within - now it says:

'Secret World First - Revealed May 2013'

I don't think all 7 items are classed as being Worlds First, just that its telling you that a Worlds First will be revealed in May 2013. So I think 2 or 3 of the said items could be the three from above (the dive loops could be classed as one). So that still leaves 4 or 5 of them...

So it appears we'll most likely have to scan images inside the park in May to get the rest of the content?

Pretty much, wouldn't be surprised to see an image that unlocks the Top Secret element(s) somewhere in the station between leaving the ride and entering the shop.

After beating the game and unlocking everything. I have come to the inversion count of 11! This could be the record beating part, but there is a chance of there being a secret element!

The inversion count is the record beating part, but there are more than 11, for some reason there are some missing from the game, not sure why, maybe a problem with the game. There is also a world first feature of the ride, that won't be unveiled until closer to the ride opening.

^ My guess it's to keep the real number a secret. There are 7 extras in the game my guess:

Flasher lv.3.

Hypnotize lv. 3.

Giggler lv. 3.

Tickler lv. 3.

Inoculator lv. 3.

Double Dive loop.

In line twist (after the cobra roll).

I don't know for sure but the Marmeliser had more syringe's in the game sneak peak then the actual game. So either a upgrade has to come or those are the seven secrets of the game.