TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Still wondering why SFMM didn't build this.... Oh Wait! A clone will probably go in Deja Vu's spot for 2014.

Except SFMM would remove the little bunny hops (at 0:48 & 1:44 in the video) and replace them with a barrel rolls, giving the ride 16 inversions and no hope of airtime.

Edited by IronWolfman

Apparently Eejanaika (and the clone in China) has only 5 inversions at most

first drop, seat flip

raven turn top, seat flip

zero g roll

half zero g roll

half barrel roll

not even saying that apparently the riders are never strictly head-down during the last 2 half flips.

Still wondering why SFMM didn't build this.... Oh Wait! A clone will probably go in Deja Vu's spot for 2014.

Except SFMM would remove the little bunny hops (at 0:48 & 1:44 in the video) and replace them with a barrel rolls, giving the ride 16 inversions and no hope of airtime.

barrel rolls exactly. zero g rolls are not acceptable.

^^ I know. It was to point out that you can't really compare Eejanaika and the Smiler. I just added the point that it was a pretty gimmick record it had.

I wasn't directly comparing the two, I was stating that the amount of times something goes upside-down won't affect that many people. But I agree that it is a really bad way to get a record, at least now they have to separate the two records from each other.

It's awesome that the layout is compact and close to the major path ways. That combined with the variety of inversions should make for tons of epic photos.

Yea i cannot wait to see how cool this looks with its compact layout. It should be an awesome cluster of steel

Alton Towers are bringing back the concert in the park, after it was absent last season, with it being held on Saturday July 6th. Tickets go on sale Friday at a snazzy price of £55 plus additional park fees.

Artists include:

Olly Murs

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

Little Mix

James Arthur

Connor Maynard

Stoosh

Union J

Alton Towers are bringing back the concert in the park, after it was absent last season, with it being held on Saturday July 6th. Tickets go on sale Friday at a snazzy price of £55 plus additional park fees.

Artists include:

Olly Murs

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

Little Mix

James Arthur

Connor Maynard

Stoosh

Union J

License to print money with a line-up and price like that, it'll be lapped up by their target market for these events.

Artists include:

Olly Murs

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

Little Mix

James Arthur

Connor Maynard

Stoosh

Union J

"plus additional park fees" makes it sound like theme park entrance isn't included, when it is.

£55.00 includes a full day at the theme park, and the concert - which goes on until 10.15pm.

It's actually really good value, when you think that the full park price is over £40 as it is...

As we know the game will have a 'Spin To Win' game in it. It will allow people to win prizes via a mini game in the actual Smiler game app which is to be released on Wednesday. Here are the Terms & Conditions that are posted on the website:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

ALTON TOWERS RESORT WHEEL OF WIN COMPETITION RULES

Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering the competition, you agree to the competition rules.

1. To enter the competition and win a prize you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.

2. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Alton Towers Resort or Merlin Entertainments Group.

3. Before playing the competition you are required to supply a name, valid email address and optional telephone number.

4. You may if you wish ‘opt in’ to receive further information and marketing materials from Alton Towers.

5. Your entry data will be saved locally on your device and also sent to and stored within a secure, external Alton Towers Resort competition database.

6. You are allocated one ‘free’ spin a day. Unused spins are carried over to the next day.

7. You may if you wish choose to redeem points accrued during game play for additional spins of the wheel.

8. You are limited to a maximum of 10 spins a day.

9. Competition entry requires that your device has data connectivity to the internet.

10. In the case of data connectivity loss by your device you will be informed that you are unable to connect with the competition. Loss of connectivity does not count as a deducted spin.

11. Should you win a prize you will be informed of this on screen and a confirmation email despatched to your provided email address.

12. To claim your prize you will be asked to follow a link within the confirmation email and supply further winner details to Alton Towers.

13. All claims are saved within a secure competition database to be processed by Alton Towers Resort Competition Administrators upon completion of a prize claim.

14. You may check the status of your claim by accessing the ‘Winnings’ option from within the Spin to Win section of the Smiler App.

15. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.

16. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change or substitute prizes on the prize list.

17. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or any other alternative.

18. Prizes will be despatched to the winners addresses within 28 days of prize claim, subject to winner eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions.

19. Wheel of Win Competition closes on 30 September 2013.

Disclaimer

Apple Inc is not a sponsor, nor is it involved in any way with The Wheel of Win competition run by Alton Towers. Alton Towers does not offer Apple products as competition prizes.

Source: http://www.altontowers.com/competition-terms/

Artists include:

Olly Murs

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

Little Mix

James Arthur

Connor Maynard

Stoosh

Union J

"plus additional park fees" makes it sound like theme park entrance isn't included, when it is.

£55.00 includes a full day at the theme park, and the concert - which goes on until 10.15pm.

It's actually really good value, when you think that the full park price is over £40 as it is...

I took my source from TowersStreet, which I should've mentioned, and I may have misunderstood the sentence . The part taken from TS:

... £55 plus fees which includes park entry.

My brain can't interpret that kind of sentence. So that's a woopsie on my be-half.

Personally, I could see this being how the supports and track are built - in the following order:

Phase 1: As we know, phase 1 was the building of the Batwing/Cobra Roll Element & the inversion under the station as well as the station track.

Phase 2: As we also know, phase 2 was the track above the toilets which included the pre drops from both lifts and half of both inversions which make up the inverted drops.

Phase 3: I would of thought they would want to get the track in underneath the maintenance shed before long as they have to have the maintenance building up a ready alongside the station (of which is having continuous work carried out on it). This could include some sort of secret element/track. This could also be completed before the main season starts (if X-Sector is to be open with the start of the main season) so that if there is a secret element it won't be revealed to the public as the park isn't open.

Phase 4: Could be done at the same time as Phase 3 - This phase is getting most of the middle section of the coaster done. This includes multiple inversions and elements; the first drop, both Dive Loops, both bunny hills, the Corkscrew after the Batwing, the mid-course break run, the sea serpent roll, both corkscrews (could be classed as a barrel roll of sorts) after the Cobra Roll & the final break run and track leading into the station.

Phase 5: Final construction phase which would see the vertical lift & first lift hill being put up into place along with the remaining track for the second inverted drop.

The reason it could be done like this is IF X-Sector is open at the start of the season there is enough room for the crane to put up track in the centre section and then final phase can be done with the crane coming from the access road to the left of the construction site. Another reason why the lift hills may be last is that we haven't seen any lift hill track on park as of yet whereas there is a lot of other track for the inversions and whatnot.

Personally, I could see this being how the supports and track are built - in the following order:

Phase 1: As we know, phase 1 was the building of the Batwing/Cobra Roll Element & the inversion under the station as well as the station track.

Phase 2: As we also know, phase 2 was the track above the toilets which included the pre drops from both lifts and half of both inversions which make up the inverted drops.

Phase 3: I would of thought they would want to get the track in underneath the maintenance shed before long as they have to have the maintenance building up a ready alongside the station (of which is having continuous work carried out on it). This could include some sort of secret element/track. This could also be completed before the main season starts (if X-Sector is to be open with the start of the main season) so that if there is a secret element it won't be revealed to the public as the park isn't open.

Phase 4: Could be done at the same time as Phase 3 - This phase is getting most of the middle section of the coaster done. This includes multiple inversions and elements; the first drop, both Dive Loops, both bunny hills, the Corkscrew after the Batwing, the mid-course break run, the sea serpent roll, both corkscrews (could be classed as a barrel roll of sorts) after the Cobra Roll & the final break run and track leading into the station.

Phase 5: Final construction phase which would see the vertical lift & first lift hill being put up into place along with the remaining track for the second inverted drop.

The reason it could be done like this is IF X-Sector is open at the start of the season there is enough room for the crane to put up track in the centre section and then final phase can be done with the crane coming from the access road to the left of the construction site. Another reason why the lift hills may be last is that we haven't seen any lift hill track on park as of yet whereas there is a lot of other track for the inversions and whatnot.

Interesting.

I'm finding The Smiler construction really fascinating to watch, loads of people have been saying it'll be the next Nemesis for the UK in terms of size and sheer theming just as much as the choice of manufacturer. It'll be no Nemesis of course but I really hope this next ride goes well for Alton Towers, delayed or not!