TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

^ I must say Yes merlin is lately making a big hype about a carousel. But they will always announce it as a (Super amazingly scary) Carousel. Meaning that if they say it's a world first we probably have a new element and not nothing but a break underneath the big blue spoilers. We get something more then just a inversion, you can take that from them. Looking at the space my guess has to go to the Washing Machine Element.

^ I must say Yes merlin is lately making a big hype about a carousel. But they will always announce it as a (Super amazingly scary) Carousel. Meaning that if they say it's a world first we probably have a new element and not nothing but a break underneath the big blue spoilers. We get something more then just a inversion, you can take that from them. Looking at the space my guess has to go to the Washing Machine Element.

The website which originally posted about this element has since removed all trace of it from their website.

As far as I can tell, the exterior track layout will differ from those on the original planning documents.

^ No they haven't I just watch it a sec ago. Want a link here you go: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/construction/

There is still a blue square, yes - but on other images posted on other websites, there are pictures which clearly show that there is just an inversion in that position.

Towerstimes have removed all news articles that they originally released about the washing machine element.

^ No they haven't I just watch it a sec ago. Want a link here you go: http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/construction/

There is still a blue square, yes - but on other images posted on other websites, there are pictures which clearly show that there is just an inversion in that position.

Towerstimes have removed all news articles that they originally released about the washing machine element.

Could you give an example of such a picture???

Yea i wouldn't really think that this would get lap-bars. With all the inversions on it, im sure that the train would have to fly through every inversion for it to considered "safe" for riders. I know, i know, you can have lap-bars on an inversion coaster, but i just cant see it happening on this one.

Excluding varying factors such as temperature fluctuations and the load that the cars carry at any given time, we're dealing with Newtonian Mechanics on a macro scale; the inversions will produce the same forces regardless of how many times you go through them, adding two or three extra inversions to a ride makes absolutely no difference as to the safety of a lap bar. By that logic, SFOG would have to switch out Dare Devil Dive's trains for ones with OTSR's every third ride.

Sorry but not impressed. This picture has no clear view on the location so no need by that.. Also Towertimes works together with Alton Towers to keep it a secret wile this could be just of a enthusiast site with no intention to keeping a secret together with Alton Towers.

8 inversions at least?

Hmm is this just a purely "we can't know for sure, but there's deff 8" or a hint?

Maybe this could be the record breaker..12 inversions?

We can dream lol

There are 8 inversions outside and atleast 1 inside, as you can just make out in the above photo. If the "washing machine" element is there then the rumour is that it will take the total number of inversions up to 14.

It is unknown whether this video is official yet but if it is then it may be a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFWBN9xSIQ

When she is sat in the chair she starts drawing circles in the air, she draws 5 circles. This could be a clue to the washing machine element being there and it revolving 5 times.

But they have also put their rep on the line by claiming that there IS something record breaking. E.g a secret element.

Lets say you're right and there is just a straight Peice of track there, then how is this a worlds first? How is it record breaking? There are 8 inversions outside, to break that record WITHOUT the secret element would take what, 6 more inversions inside? Not a chance that is happening. Unless its to do with the trains, I can't see how there won't be a secret element. Not necessarily a washing machine, but something new and groundbreaking.

But they have also put their rep on the line by claiming that there IS something record breaking. E.g a secret element.

Lets say you're right and there is just a straight Peice of track there, then how is this a worlds first? How is it record breaking? There are 8 inversions outside, to break that record WITHOUT the secret element would take what, 6 more inversions inside? Not a chance that is happening. Unless its to do with the trains, I can't see how there won't be a secret element. Not necessarily a washing machine, but something new and groundbreaking.

The above is all based around whether the original drawings are accurate.

Alton Towers are well within their rights to alter the coaster layout to what was originally revealed, as they do not require planning permission for the coaster (only the building).

I reckon they'll be going for the inversion record.

Alton Towers are well within their rights to alter the coaster layout to what was originally revealed, as they do not require planning permission for the coaster (only the building).

Don't want to bitch or something, but that still not answer the why to this date the site of the Smiler (Of Alton Towers it self) says it's a World First.

Besides I don't really know the construction rules over there, but my guess is that you can't chance something like that without a permit. It has to deal then with new environmental rules and harms and also noise emissions. Like I said I don't know how that goes over there but here you need to have an other permit for that.

Don't want to bitch or something, but that still not answer the why to this date the site of the Smiler (Of Alton Towers it self) says it's a World First.

Besides I don't really know the construction rules over there, but my guess is that you can't chance something like that without a permit. It has to deal then with new environmental rules and harms and also noise emissions. Like I said I don't know how that goes over there but here you need to have an other permit for that.

The rollercoaster doesn't need any planning permission as it is sited within an already permitted development area. So long as it remains below a height limit. So they could, for example, add a heart line roll in one of the straight bits. Or add a corkscrew where the s-bends are shown.

The building however isn't included in the general development area and therefore has to stick to the approved permissions.

But we won't really know until those bits of track are put up!

Jon

The rollercoaster doesn't need any planning permission as it is sited within an already permitted development area. So long as it remains below a height limit. So they could, for example, add a heart line roll in one of the straight bits. Or add a corkscrew where the s-bends are shown.

The building however isn't included in the general development area and therefore has to stick to the approved permissions.

But we won't really know until those bits of track are put up!

Jon

Sure but that are small things. But as I understand of his words he thinks about a completely new Lay-out or he needs to be more precise of saying little edits. Imagine going to ask a permit for a wooden shed and building a mansion.

I'm still fishing about the World first part of the ride. I still believe the Washing Machine Element but I Don't know that for sure.

I'm kind of hoping more and more that there's no 'washing machine' element and the ride ends up having nothing really special just to piss off all the British Fanboys!

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, the only thing that would be better is if they put something like a turntable that just spun you around a few times and then sent you on your way.