TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

The way she moves her hands looks like multiple inversions..... Thoughts anyone?

That's exactly what I got out of that photo. "Girl goes insane due to constant spinning(inversions)."

Honestly, this "washer machine" gimmick is pathetic. I really hope this isn't their key selling point, because if so, "SW#" projects will cease to excite me anymore.

The way she moves her hands looks like multiple inversions..... Thoughts anyone?

That's exactly what I got out of that photo. "Girl goes insane due to constant spinning(inversions)."

Honestly, this "washer machine" gimmick is pathetic. I really hope this isn't their key selling point, because if so, "SW#" projects will cease to excite me anymore.

It's a potentially unique gimmick attached to a pretty good looking coaster...don't see why the hate.

It's a potentially unique gimmick attached to a pretty good looking coaster...don't see why the hate.

The idea sounds nice, just not "that" exciting to me. From all the layout shots and current rumors, thIS SW project IS really are loosing its touch (to me). It still looks like a great ride, don't think I'm simply bashing this. This ride looks fun, it's just the whole "washing machine" gimmick that throws it off for me. I don't love it and don't completely hate it, its just really seems to be there simply for bragging rights, which is what this coaster seems to be built for. Making it loose its "umph"for me. The SW projects just keep getting less and less exciting (again, to me).

I like the coaster, just not this unnecessary gimmick. It's just......really hard to explain.

The idea sounds nice, just not "that" exciting to me. From all the layout shots and current rumors, thIS SW project IS really are loosing its touch (to me). It still looks like a great ride, don't think I'm simply bashing this. This ride looks fun, it's just the whole "washing machine" gimmick that throws it off for me. I don't love it and don't completely hate it, its just really seems to be there simply for bragging rights, which is what this coaster seems to be built for. Making it loose its "umph"for me. The SW projects just keep getting less and less exciting (again, to me).

I like the coaster, just not this unnecessary gimmick. It's just......really hard to explain.

You know what's easy to explain?

looselose.jpg.4c74cd8e36615e67f94845a21096fab8.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Confirmation of the ride name, it will be called "The Smiler"

[attachment=0]ay_101860795.jpg[/attachment]

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/21/eweve-been-framed-creepy-sheep-twitter-mystery-solved-3359300/

It is not confirmation. Not yet. That is just the metro catching onto the hype.

It's only confirmation when AltonTowers release the name.

Looks epic in the snow though.

Except it says these words:

The sheepish grins were made by farmers to help Alton Towers reveal the name of its new giant £18million ride – The Smiler – opening this spring.

...not to mention the end of the video on the bottom of the article showing the ride logo (incl. The Smiler) and the address of a yet to appear webpage.

I guess when Alton told the media to back off from revealing until Monday they didn't expect one of them to post the article at 00:01!

There's so much wrong with that post. How obtuse do you want to be?

From the layouts? Current rumours? The washing machine gimmick has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED. So how you can use it to force an opinion is ridiculous. It is not 'there for bragging rights' is it? What does that even mean? It's not even there yet! Built for bragging rights? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Til you provide perfect valid points against a possible secret element, then I can only disregard the current points you make there. If such a gimmick comes to fruition, then you're open to your opinion, but stop the hating. For the sake of hating.

Except it says these words:

The sheepish grins were made by farmers to help Alton Towers reveal the name of its new giant £18million ride – The Smiler – opening this spring.

Didn't see that. Apologies.

The Smiler it is then!

That is an awful name for a coaster, especially if you're not given any context behind it.

There's been plenty of context. Most of it based around the Ministry of Joy, used for Scarefest.

Watch this...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OUFWBN9xSIQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOUFWBN9xSIQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&gl=GB

Makes a good storyline in my opinion.

That is an awful name for a coaster, especially if you're not given any context behind it.

There's been plenty of context. Most of it based around the Ministry of Joy, used for Scarefest.

Watch this...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OUFWBN9xSIQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOUFWBN9xSIQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&gl=GB

Makes a good storyline in my opinion.

By context, I meant if you've never heard of the coaster before, and you've never heard of the storyline.