TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Alton Towers is maintaining that its new rollercoaster will be open for the start of the park’s main season on 16 March.

Confusion arose earlier today when a countdown to the ride’s opening was removed from its promotional page on the theme park’s website.

That is a really bad lapse on Alton Towers part knowing how much enthusiasts source for news and nit-pick in the off-season. And why haven't they fixed it on the mini site yet, just poor form of their part.

Typical Alton towers! Shoddy!

Really? Show me a US park that has managed to have THIS MANY brand new coasters open in either March or April. We are LUCKY if a park's new coaster opens for Memorial Day weekend (end of May), and most of them seem to open sometime in June or early July.

So stop your bitching.

--Robb

Really? Show me a US park that has managed to have THIS MANY brand new coasters open in either March or April. We are LUCKY if a park's new coaster opens for Memorial Day weekend (end of May), and most of them seem to open sometime in June or early July.

So stop your bitching.

--Robb

That's not my problem son! I dont give a danm about the US, Why state a date for a ride to be open when there is high chance of not reaching that date? Like I say typical towers shoddy marketing of which there always guilty off just look at thirteen the ultimate coaster you will ever ride hmmmm I think not!

I don't really get all the moaning...

Sure, the ride was originally stated for a March opening - but there's still well over 2 months to go before the park even opens.

It's almost like some people would rather have a half finished ride with half the theming! I would much rather they complete it fully, rather than open something half baked.

Be glad we have a big coaster opening, I say!

So stop your bitching.

--Robb

That's not my problem son! I dont give a danm about the US, Why state a date for a ride to be open when there is high chance of not reaching that date? Like I say typical towers shoddy marketing of which there always guilty off just look at thirteen the ultimate coaster you will ever ride hmmmm I think not!

"grumble grumble. I hate that my park is getting a new world record holding coaster and they aren't working on it fast enough to please ME! How inconsiderate of them..."

Seriously people, grow up. You're getting something awesome so be happy. Learn some patience.

Will you guys be coming to SW7's opening day, whenever that may be?

No, we probably won't be back in the UK until 2014. It's just really expensive to fly over for one ride, and one that we'll hit on our next UK tour anyway.

Thats probably a good idea Rob, because Drayton "should" get their big rumoured ride for 2014,there is still a rumour for Oakwood and another big ride for 2014,Legoland should finally get their new kiddie coaster for 2014, and dont be suprised if Thorpe pull something fairly big out of the bag for 2014 considering they are not installing anything new this year(YES there's the Hotel, but it looks like nothing new is appearing in park) It probably wont be a new coaster, but surely a new flat or something because it looks like Slammer will see its last season in 2013 and there are more rumours abound that X will get a long needed re-fit very soon

I guess then the next visit will be 2018 for the new paramount park(if it get the go-ahead)

Will you guys be coming to SW7's opening day, whenever that may be?

No, we probably won't be back in the UK until 2014. It's just really expensive to fly over for one ride, and one that we'll hit on our next UK tour anyway.

OK Robb, were you here last year for The Swarm and Nemesis Sub-Terra?

I was leaning towards the inversion record also, but I'm not sure how many the indoor section can contain. If it does go upside down a record number of times I would be absolutely delighted though.

What I'm guessing is they'll pull something like this off. It's been said though that SW7 will use a new train that seats 4x4 rather than the typical Eurofighter 2x4 train: sw7-element4.jpg.eec348ed7f9b9928dd66930a022cfda3.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

It has to be, it'd be completely gimmickal. Where are the six non-plan shown inversions going to be if the 14 loops is true though... I think there will all be inlines on sections of the track shown as 'straight' on the plans and at least one inside.

Not sure how just a conventional gimmickless rollercoaster with a record breaking number of loops will be tied into the back story.

The strong rumour is of 8 outside, possible one inversion inside (inline twist/barrel roll) and 5 inversions on the 'secret washing machine element'.

Most recent photo has shown part of the barrel roll track being put in place which confirms at least 9 inversions so far.

I was leaning towards the inversion record also, but I'm not sure how many the indoor section can contain. If it does go upside down a record number of times I would be absolutely delighted though.

What I'm guessing is they'll pull something like this off. It's been said though that SW7 will use a new train that seats 4x4 rather than the typical Eurofighter 2x4 train: [attachment=0]sw7-element4.jpg[/attachment]

Wow. This would be so Merlin-esque.