TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call a Maurer Sohne X Coaster with a vertical lift similar to Rip Ride Rockit based on a few things.......

Newer Gerstlauer Lift Hill

Older Gerstlauer Lift Hill

However, look at Rip Ride Rockit

The Latticework of the lift is the bit I am looking at, I know that Rip Ride Rockit has slightly bulkier supports due to the height, but Maurer would use a similar structure I would have thought if they were to do a vertical lift again. But due to height they would tone down the amount of extras.

934501613_sw7lift.jpg.143a53680957684a5acf723834f0021c.jpg

Now we have a section of the plans above which pretty much matches the lattice work of RRR, and is totally different to the Gerstlauer Lifts, tie that in with the fact the plans show a tubular backbone (Exactly like RRR) and I think we have a match, I am going to say that for Capacity Alton may also use a moving walkway for the station.

For those of you that want to just reply "But it says in the plans - Noise from the planned new coaster was modelled based on a similar one located at

Thorpe Park. The Thorpe Park ride, “Saw” is the same type and manufacturer as the

proposed ride, including a “beyond vertical” drop."

Think about this, in the Th13teen Noise report, they commented that noise readings were taking from a similar coaster at Thorpe Park, this coaster was X:\No Way Out, not even a similar coaster.

I realise that the report says "Saw is the same type and manufacturer as the proposed ride" However, it also states that the proposed ride includes a "Beyond Vertical" Drop. Now, looking at the plans, there is clearly no Beyond Vertical Drop, not even a Vertical Drop. I know there will be a small dark ride section (I am assuming here, by the size of the station) However, look at the size of the Saw station building, they only managed a very very small vertical drop, not a beyond vertical drop inside.

I do believe that there might be a small amount of misdirection in this report, as The manufacturer does not need to be mentioned in a noise report, they were just using this as an example.

Please exuse my ramblings, I have probably gone on for far too long, but I'm tired

This Maurer/Gertslauer debate...

Isn't this around around the area that those people kept complaining about noise?

If so Gertslauer would make much more sense. Have you heard Dare Devil Dive? Or should I say what you haven't heard?

These newer Gertslauers run as quiet as they come, so in that respect, it makes sense when compared to the sound the Abismo or Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit make.

Fin

I'm pretty sure in an application they submitted they stated that it would feature the same noise as Saw The Ride as this coaster will be made my the same manufacturer.

But yes I'm VERY excited about this! Unfortunately, I'm going to UK this year and not next year, so I won't get to ride it but I may see construction. Looks absolutely amazing and I'm extremely excited about this!

I am loving the look of this. I have yet to get the opportunity to ride a Eurofighter (that'll change in the Spring though) but they have always seemed like a ton of fun. And this seems like it has basically everything you could ask for, minus the beyond vertical drop. But the epic amount of unique inversions plus what looks to be a dueling layout should make for an awesome ride. Not to mention that Alton Towers will probably come up with some great theming interactions to give the area great character.

Isn't this around around the area that those people kept complaining about noise?

If so Gertslauer would make much more sense. Have you heard Dare Devil Dive? Or should I say what you haven't heard?

These newer Gertslauers run as quiet as they come, so in that respect, it makes sense when compared to the sound the Abismo or Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit make.

Fin

But...RRR is really I mean REALLY quiet, especially for its high speeds.

Fin

But the almost non-stop lift hill is extremely noisy.

Fin

But the almost non-stop lift hill is extremely noisy.

But if Maurer learns from its mistakes and uses a dual chain system, they may also fix the rattle (forgive my noobishness, but I'm not entirely sure what component of the chain makes that racket).

Did I miss something? Is there a reason we're discussing manufacturer? I thought the plans said it was the same manufacturer as Saw?

No you didn't miss anything. People still do not understand that concept plans are not always 100% accurate and that you should not base any assumptions on them.

I think the only thing that is bringing up this debate is the type of track/supports shown in the conceptual plans.

Edited by ernierocker

But if Maurer learns from its mistakes and uses a dual chain system, they may also fix the rattle (forgive my noobishness, but I'm not entirely sure what component of the chain makes that racket).

Im pretty sure that noise is a device on the sprocket at the bottom of the lift which prevents the sprocket going in reverse, so in the event of a chain snap it shouldn't slide back down into a huge pile and cause all sort of damage. The same sort of thing you get on a bike that allows you to coast without the pedals spinning about. Im 90% sure thats what it is anyway.

Edited by StealthFan

Everything about it screams Euro-Fighter, but in the back of my mind I still think it could well be an X-Car.

Like loads have mentioned, the noise report for Th13teen was done with X:\No Way Out, which while technically being a similar coaster is infact totally different. They might consider Saw to be a similar coaster too, but it doesn't say anywhere in the plans "this is going to be a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter". So while it's looking likely, I'm maintaining that there is every chance it could still be an X-Car, which would make an equal amount of sense.

From the neutral standpoint of an Alton fan who prefers Thorpe's Colossus to Nemesis