TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

OH NOES!!!!

Quote this picture if you want to see the train run me over!

I still quote this picture with what i told you when we snapped this picture and i ruined your expression "Too much Mc Donalds Robb"!

Did i just win a Bag-o-crap now?

Nice to meet you and Hanno today. See you in September !

/ Rob

After reading this thread, a math equation (of all things) popped into my mind:

Twister + Twins =

Seriously though, the coaster looks AWESOME!! It's remarkable how much coaster they crammed into that space! Kudos to Gravity Group and the folks at Grona Lund. Looks like they've got a real winner on their hands!

Twinssssssssss

Thanks for that Robb I never know it was possible to have a curved lift hill with a chain, I thought curved lifts only used tires.

I have got to make it to this park before I die lol it looks like something straight out of RCT

Seriously though, the coaster looks AWESOME!! It's remarkable how much coaster they crammed into that space!

This certainly seemed to be most people's thoughts that attended the media day as well!

Grona Lund = One of the most insane theme parks I will never get to visit. Unfortunately, my parents won't let me do TPR trips.

Twister looks awesome though! I especially love the headchopper possibilities, especially the two headchoppers involving Jetline. The Kvasten headchopper looks scary, too. Could you actually touch someone's foot if you reached up high enough?

Lastly, Robb? Have you ever considered putting a Twister Twins T-Shirt in the TPR Store? It's honestly suprising you don't even have a "Twisty Goodness" T-Shirt in there...

OH NOES!!!!

Quote this picture if you want to see the train run me over!

Robb, does this picture have anything to do with whale semen?

(just wanted to say whale semen, it felt good).

Grona Lund = One of the most insane theme parks I will never get to visit. Unfortunately, my parents won't let me do TPR trips.

Come on man, Gröna Lund has been on the same spot since 1883. The day will come when you grow into a handsome, responsible and hardworking man and won't have to rely on what your parents say. When that day comes, i promise - Gröna Lund still stands

Just feel the need to thank some people who clearly deserves it and has made the last few days into fun days

A thank you to the guys at Gröna Lund, Johan Tidstrand, Mattias Banker, Jan Roy, Peter Osbeck, the staff of Gröna Lund and Gravity Group for letting us ride a coaster that's still under construction. They're all very welcoming and very nice guys to talk to and gladly answers any questions you might have. Would also like to thank Korey of Gravity Group for making the waiting time in the station seem so short and entertaining thanks to his Gröna Lund quiz sessions and talking about the challenging difficulties of the design procedures of Twister. He looked like a very happy guy seeing his creation become alive.

It was also very nice to meet and having some fun with other TPR'ers and former trip buddies from earlier trips.

And finally Robb, a BIG thank you for having us at the park, doing great media coverage (and not to forget Hanno's wonderful pictures as well) and gladly helping out with questions I had in between the events

Thank you all.

(Done with the Oscar Academy Awards thank you speech)

As for twister, it's a really reeeaaally fun roller coaster, that's all that need to be said

^ You are very, very welcome!

Come on man, Gröna Lund has been on the same spot since 1883. The day will come when you grow into a handsome, responsible and hardworking man and won't have to rely on what your parents say. When that day comes, i promise - Gröna Lund still stands

Heh, couldn't have said it better myself!

^I think the answer to that question would be the best train for the ride is the best train that suits the coaster. I can't honestly say I like one more than other as I care more about comfort and stability, and so far I've never found any of the Millnnium Flyer trains to be uncomfortable or track poorly, and I can say the same for all the Timberliner trains I've been on.

But don't forget, it's not just the trains, the park needs to be taking care of the track for the trains to run the best.

- GCII, TGG or Intamin Woodies? Which woodies is better in your opnion?

I like them all. Seriously, what does it really matter which one *I* prefer? They all make great rides. Some of them I like better than others. Go ride them and see for yourself...

Or you can look at my wood coaster ballot on the Mitch Hawker poll and see how I ranked them all....

Those twins are epic. I'm jealous of anyone that gets "ERT" with them. The coaster looks great too. I'm really loving the design of the Timberliner trains. Just curious... How "squishy" is the rubber (I'm assuming it's rubber since it looks like it is) that the seats and restraints are made of?

Thanks everybody for a great day. Especially Robb, Hanno and the twins that did a fantastic job. Working with TPR was an absolut dream and the footage they gave us is outstanding. The best you can get. We highly recommend them!!!!

All the best,

Mattias and Johan