TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Your pic above cleared up the problem... I was confusing the grab bar with the lap bar. I couldn't make out the lap bar in the previous shots...

Gotcha... that's what I figured. But your post gave me an excuse to say "whale semen!"

Here's a bit more video from Twister. This is the "B-Roll" footage we put together for the park that will be distributed at the press day. This gives you another look at the fun things TPR loves to do for the parks!

Edited by robbalvey

Whoa.

Just got (nice) shudders after the POV went down the first drop,

then (:26) into that (probable?) airtime bunny hop..... Had to pause it.

Very nice. And I still haven't seen the rest of your footage just yet, LOL!

But so far, so very good, Robb.

And...uh, when is the next TPR Scandi Tour again.....?

(EDIT to add after viewing: Lovely Lovely Sick Sick Twisted Twins of a ride, LOL!)

Incredibly well filmed and photographed! We often forget what they have in their vicinity, but when you see this as you've worked on, so will you be happy and proud of the beautiful park we have here in Stockholm! Thank you for coming to us!!

I am rarely jealous of Robb's travels, but I am now.

me too.

I only clicked in hopes of seeing pictures of the Schwarzkopf. Seeing a bunch of hot Swedes was a nice bonus. Who cares about the woodie..

What came first, the hot Swedish babes or the woodie?

^I thought this was the last major project in the park? Isn't the next huge project an expansion of the park itself that will include a B&M inverted coaster and a giant Star Flyer or has those plans been scrapped? You can see the concept artwork for the plans on the first page of this thread.

Those plans are still at work, hopefully we'll see them realised 2013 or 2014 (They've actually been talking about 2012 as well but i wouldn't count on that). Now that i've finally experienced Twister and the surroundings i would say that there's also plenty of room for some more coasters inside the existing park And the owners seem to have the heart in the right place. So, all you drooling coastermaniacs out there - be prepared! Gröna Lund (and perhaps the Twins) will be back

I am rarely jealous of Robb's travels, but I am now.

me too.

I only clicked in hopes of seeing pictures of the Schwarzkopf. Seeing a bunch of hot Swedes was a nice bonus. Who cares about the woodie..

What came first, the hot Swedish babes or the woodie?

I thought the former invoked the latter.

Hello! some pictures from this morning's media day, it was freezing cold with a temperature of only +2' C. "white knuckle ride" perfect name for today's ride! As usual at Gröna Lund, it was a good breakfast o a good presentation of artists news mm.Fun to meet Robb for real! was just as nice as he is in all movies, stories etc.

Here are the pics! :

1552815437_Presstrffgrnan002.JPG.c9b03bc9c5f1678147fbec88165ab0ea.JPG

Snow in the sky! ho cares...Twister here i come!

Was not so much photographed, the most of it is already shown, the weather was really so gray o boring as it could be, cold o rain, BUT ghost train shall be tested and summer will soon hit.Jag went only once with Twister, but the lived up to everything I expected and more!

2111023066_Presstrffgrnan015.JPG.163216940037b57614648b75422d02f1.JPG

The "goodie bag" includes: usb-stick with Robbs movie of Twister,Parks and resorts new glossy magazine(2 numbers)"greenroom" for workers in Parks and resort parks.Artist program for the summer,info and facts about Twister,and finally:VIP -passport! free entry for 2 people and cheaper ride band! THANKS TO :Tina Landelius/Peter Osbeck/John and Mattias Banker for letting me come to you on media day, which really is for television and newspapers, I am just a freak amusement park, go a bit but love the atmosphere! / Thomas

1085617379_Presstrffgrnan017.JPG.33e35994370251b5a9013833b228a347.JPG