TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

I said it before, I'll say it again... Kleenex, Please.

And we don't have sixteen of these things in the USA because????

(And now yet another reason to hate Grona Lund: 1.) The Mother Schwarzkopf Twister. 2.) More coasters in one square inch than Blackpools- and finally 3.) The Mother GG twister.

And Twister isn't the only "new" ride opening up this season...well, kind of...the park had to completely demolish "Bla Taget" (the Blue Train... or the Ghost Train) in order to build Twister...but they rebuild Bla Taget and made it even better!

This is awesome. How many times do parks destroy older rides in order to build new coasters?

Twister looks very awesome too. So much airtime and turns in such tight space. It's now my second most wanted Gravity Group coaster, behind Fireball.

That ride looks freaking SWEET!!!! Did you get a chance to ride it at night? I was wondering what the ride was like and how it look at night? Did they trip it out with some awesome lights?

Jimmy "Awesome rides in small footprints are the sh*t" Bo

Many of me, doing probably the mistake of comparing Twister against Balder, because you think it should go faster, but Rob and many others say, the speed is not everything ... hoping for a fun track with a lot of airtime in the stomach .. meant no harm by it seemed to go slowly ..

Someone just wrote this privately to me and I felt it needed to be quoted...

When ACE is called on to provide "extras" for coaster footage, they get a bunch of heavy guys in ill fitting SoB t-shirts. When TPR calls for "extras," you get hot Swedish twins!

I think I'm going to use this to help promote "TPR Media Services!"

This coaster is awesome! They need a bunch of these in the US. Sometimes big and bad is fun, but sometimes smaller coasters are so much more fun! I think parks would do much better if they invested in maybe two of these types of coasters per year instead of big gimmicks that waste lots of land and money (well, maybe waste isn't the best word...)

I count four coasters and five layers.

That is an amazing coaster. I am confused about one thing... how much room do you have from the lapbars on the Timberliners? From the pictures, they don't come close to your waist or legs. Is there a lot of padding or something not visible in the pics that secures you in place?

Is there a lot of padding or something not visible in the pics that secures you in place?

Yes - whale semen. They use 12 gallons of whale semen to secure you in place.

I guess I just don't understand your question. How is it not clear how the rider is secured? Did you look at any of the pictures? Are you confused about the grab bar versus the lap bar? Or are you questioning if Gravity Group actually didn't do their homework and made a train that wasn't safe?

Edited by robbalvey

Now that you've ridden a Timberliner train do you think they will greatly improve the ride experience on twisty coasters like Voyage?

It's hard for me to say. I mean, Twister at Grona Lund is BRAND NEW and it was built with those trains in mind. I'm not sure how they would work on another woodie, but if I had to take a guess, I would say they couldn't hurt, right?

Personally, I'd almost like to see what those trains would be like on a coaster like Boardwalk Bullet.

--Robb

^I haven't ridden Boardwalk Bullet but I'll take your word on that one!

I have a quick question - On your backseat POV footage in the video, did you have the camera mounted or were you holding it? Just wondering because it looked really stable.

Is there a lot of padding or something not visible in the pics that secures you in place?

Yes - whale semen. They use 12 gallons of whale semen to secure you in place.

I guess I just don't understand your question. How is it not clear how the rider is secured? Did you look at any of the pictures? Are you confused about the grab bar versus the lap bar? Or are you questioning if Gravity Group actually didn't do their homework and made a train that wasn't safe?

Hey Robb, is the turn that crosses the bottom of the lift as close as it appears to be? Because it looks like people in the last row are touching it but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks.