TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

not everybody has access to facebook..

i do know some companies that block acces to facebook for their employees (since it's not business related)

youtube might still be accessible..

it's never bad to have 2 options to check.. and embedded (youtube) makes live easier for some (saves another click)

nice video, looking forward to the day i will be in Stockholm to get this credit

p.s. let's continue talking about the ride and stop debating which/what/when video link etc..

My thoughts exactly Hanno, so out of curiosity, am I going to grab a ride on Twister before you or are you going in May and going to beat me to the punch (You must rack up loads of miles with all these opening of rides you've been too recently!)

^ sorry dude

i'll be there early may (for filming etc)

and miles.. i use my car whenever possible.. it's only been 2 openings so far this year...

D'oh, ah well, I get the pleasure of riding it when it has bedded in more 1st June cannot come soon enough!

Ref the Miles, I probably would do the same as you, however when you count in Ferry Crossings/Euro Tunnel it adds the cost up quite a bit!!!

^Let's remember there really isn't anything that great about riding before or after someone. It's not a contest and it doesn't matter.

Very true Elissa, however, nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter

When Robb goes over for the B Roll filming, is it for official Park footage, or will there be a cheeky little POV making its way onto the forums?

Hope you all like what you saw, we in Sweden is not accustomed to roller coaster in wood, but it seemed that, looks great fun out o! not soo high speed, however, but enough of us who live in this ... you know Ikea Abba, Saab, etc. welcome here in the summer everyone!

Its a "Balder" for young people....

^Let's remember there really isn't anything that great about riding before or after someone. It's not a contest and it doesn't matter.

Well, this is true to some degree. There is nothing special about riding a coaster a month or so before someone else. However, after a certain amount of time, and depending on maintenance, an aging coaster can leave you with a less pleasurable ride. For example: I feel bad for those that didn't get to ride Ghostrider pre-2002.

I wonder if the train is going to make it over all of the hills. Towards the end of the video it looked like it was just pulling over that hill.

Did you watch all of the video, it flew over all of the hills apart from a few in the middle, this was the first ever run on the track, it will take a few runs for all of the metalwork to bed in to a smooth running surface, like all woodies, it is common for a lot of woodies to not even make it back on the first run! (Look up details about Megaphobia's first runs!)

The fact it made it round in its first run, it is going to FLY!!!!!

Does anyone know if Twister will run 2 trains? Or just the 1?

Wow. It just keeps going and going. There is like a whole layer of that coaster that I wasn't expecting! I'm sure after the weather warms up and the trains get broken in, it will be flying through that course. And all those head choppers! Looks great.

^ sorry dude

i'll be there early may (for filming etc)

and miles.. i use my car whenever possible.. it's only been 2 openings so far this year...

I´m so jealous and angry that I have to work / wasn´t able to gett off days for that!!!

Well, this is true to some degree. There is nothing special about riding a coaster a month or so before someone else. However, after a certain amount of time, and depending on maintenance, an aging coaster can leave you with a less pleasurable ride. For example: I feel bad for those that didn't get to ride Ghostrider pre-2002.

That can actually go both ways, though.

Sometimes wooden coasters need some time to break in and get up to speed. I don't really understand the physics and mechanics of it, but it can definitely be noticeable.

My first rides on Hades were shortly after it opened. I was disappointed that it definitely wasn't as fast or powerful as it could have been. I didn't get a chance to ride it again until last year, at which point it had gotten rough as hell. It definitely was faster and more forceful than my first rides, but that was counterbalanced by the rougher ride. I wish I'd gotten a chance to ride it in between, when it was wilder, but not quite so rough. It's still a great ride, but I wish the park could afford more maintenance on it to keep it smoother. (Not to mention a ride crew who gave a damn about getting the trains out even somewhat quickly!)

As to Twister, I'm excited to get to ride this in July. Unlike many, I'm going to avoid watching the video until I ride. I'd rather experience the ride in person, rather than know much of what's going to happen beforehand. Hopefully, it will have broken in by then without having gotten rough!