TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

^ And they're doing a great job with Skara, I must say, after two visits, five years apart.

Tranan is still one of the more unusual coasters I have enjoyed riding.

EDIT to add: And how they designed and built Twister all in and around, what was

already there in Grona Lund, was just sick.

97164100_ResizeofIMG_5434.JPG.e21be20b0aa9b5dadb1ae7171bb674fd.JPG

Tranan ~ TPR 2014 Scandi Tour ~ Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• 5 months later...

Yesterday (yes, April 1st) Gröna Lund posted about a new ride on their Facebook page. Of course almost no one (me included) believed it, but it seems like they are telling the truth..

So what are they telling us?

They will present the ride on June 7th, it will be 95m tall (310 feet) and will be located between Lustiga Huset and Jetline, a very small space.

Edit: The space where it will be located is only 5m (16 feet) wide. Very interested in this one..

See, when I saw the post, I figured they were speaking relatively, not literally:

LustigaHuset.thumb.png.5ea4087758ff1ae78a7c5543841fc178.png

This area has Lustiga Huset in the background and Jetline off to the left, and this is the spot I had assumed they were referring to.

It seems much more feasible (as far as Gröna Lund is concerned, at least) for these benches to give way for a new attraction than to try to stuff it into a narrow passageway, but as we all know, it IS Gröna Lund we're talking about here!

Given the REALLY tall attraction height they mentioned, along with the fact that they already have virtually every other ride that would fit in that general height, my guess is something akin to the giant Doomsday ride Warner Bros. Movie World had looked into a while back:

Oh wait, they were serious?

I got really excited for a few minutes yesterday until I realized it was the 1st of April, then I got really pissed that they would do such a prank.

Now I am back to being awesomely happy gain. Super-sized Sky Roller anyone?

That last ride picture the giant doomsday ride could actually be an option, since while it is not known that Gerstlauer would make such a big skyroller, Intamin who makes a ride pretty much exactly like the pictured warner bros ride, Spinning star:

Intamin states on their website that they can make this ride of heights up to 122m, which means 95m would not be a challenge.

That last ride picture the giant doomsday ride could actually be an option, since while it is not known that Gerstlauer would make such a big skyroller, Intamin who makes a ride pretty much exactly like the pictured warner bros ride, Spinning star:

Intamin states on their website that they can make this ride of heights up to 122m, which means 95m would not be a challenge.

The issue is not the height, the issue is if it will fit in the footprint available.

^That would be a great addition but would it all fit in the proposed area?

I don't think anything will fit in the footprint straight in. Were probably looking at some kind of space saving platform a few meters up if werre looking at some kind of tower ride.

Five meters? That's an insanely small space. To put it in context, not even a Larson drop tower could fit in there, its required footprint being over 7 meters in diameter not including queue space.

Now if the tower itself is less than five meters in diameter (much more feasible), then you're likely looking at an elevated platform, as mentioned above.

Gröna Lund posted this on Facebook with the caption:

"So this is where our new 95m tall ride will be placed. Impossible does not live here, as we say.

P.S We don't joke about things as important as this"

12933001_10153451873755667_1744220218563143110_n.jpg?oh=2f09feed3de8719e3e635675637f2355&oe=57BFD5BA

It really is a narrow passage, even if it is on an elevated platform..

Maybe it is Fabbri Group "Giant Booster " or "Propeller" they will fit in there?...small footprint and very high ride.

I like this idea.

816328441_ResizeofIMG_5735.JPG.562d3bd8f4da6faa6abd0edf41cd70d9.JPG

One of these in Grona Lund would be great! This one is in Power Park, Finland. TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

• 3 weeks later...

^ That's possible. Although, I thought that if they ever did get one of those, they might

build another "extension dock" for it, like the polyp and the swings are on theirs.

Or on top of another building, lol.

GronaLund2015.jpg.9f05a3bae192e80722c88cb2bb554369.jpg

A long "dock" in front of Twister there, could work for a ferris wheel.

^ Actually, I like that idea better than the ferris wheel!

But the new attraction's to be in the park itself, so we'll just have to wait.

SaltPepperShakers.jpg.e2272f80c047eede965d1640549591e8.jpg

Actually, a version of THIS flat would be cool on a small dock, too!

And this spins sideways, too! The entire ride cycle would be perfect over water.

zipper.jpg.b3b3a4c96c01e3c0b51691a8dcdf8c1e.jpg

Then again, one of these would be nice on a dock, too. (o;

• 1 month later...