TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Gröna Lund has sent us a press release announcing their newest attraction, billed as their scariest attraction ever!

Gröna Lund to build their scariest attraction ever

Gröna Lund is building a new attraction for the 2015 season. Today, the amusement park revealed that next year’s new attraction is called "House of Nightmares" and it will comprise the worst form of frightening sensations one can experience at an amusement park. Visitors will find themselves stepping into Dr. Morphio’s abandoned house, which is haunted by dark nightmares.

You are standing in front of a desolate and abandoned house. No one knows what is waiting inside, but one thing is certain – something evil is lurking in the dark. The nightmare experiments once conducted by the legendary Dr. Morphio have come to life and roam the hallways and rooms of the house. Do you dare step into Dr. Morphio’s House of Nightmares and face your worst nightmares?

World leading Sally Corporation is building the new haunted house at Gröna Lund

Gröna Lund's new attraction for 2015 is called "House of Nightmares”, a new haunted house where visitors themselves pass through the old dark house where horrific nightmares await. The attraction has been developed together with the amusement park industry’s leading creator of special effects and animatronics, the Sally Corporation (USA), which has developed many haunted attractions at amusement parks around the world for over 35 years.

“Together with Sally Corporation, Gröna Lund will create one of the worst horror experiences of its kind. Through advanced technology and special effects, we will challenge all our visitors' minds and we are currently discussing what the age limit should be for the House of Nightmares. This horror experience is not for everyone”, says Peter Osbeck, Ride Manager at Gröna Lund.

Horror investment of more than US $3.4 million

Gröna Lund will invest more than US $3.4 million in House of Nightmares, and the attraction will be equipped with the very latest in digital technology and animatronics along with trained actors. Exactly what visitors will find in the house’s various rooms will not be revealed before the press preview on April 21, but Gröna Lund’s followers on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gronalundstivoli), Instagram (@gronalund, #glnightmare) or their website (http://www.gronalund.com/nightmare) will have some nightmares revealed as the house’s construction progresses.

image.thumb.jpg.8e58ed17ec0baa50154f2fbf79e16199.jpg

image.jpg.c0f0a4be42d8666825ec3c37eb6e7311.jpg

^ Judging by how the roof is looking in that title drawing, I am pretty sure it will be a redo of the park's two floor Spookhouse. And the announcement of Sally Corp. being involved, makes me wonder if it's still going to be a walk-through or not. Has Sally done stuff with walk-throughs at all? I can't remember if they ever have.

GronaLundFunHouse.jpg.36c55e72ee6311826510cab65ea38aee.jpg

It doesn't show much of the roof, but enough to guess that this is where House of Nightmares will/could be.

• 2 months later...
Has there been any other information on this? I'm still surprised Sally is doing a walk through attraction, assuming that it will still be a walk through.

Sally's press release states that it will be a walk-through attraction:http://sallycorp.com/news/sallys-newest-attraction-will-give-you-nightmares/.

Specially designed for Gröna Lund, this one-of-a-kind walk through attraction will feature animatronic characters and props, CGI video effects, live wire illumination, video projection, Pepper’s Ghost illusions, ultraviolet illumination, and live performers.
Edited by cfc

Is this Sally Corp.'s first ever walk through project, or have they done others?

Every time the name Sally Corp. comes up, it's usually for a dark ride attraction.

Just curious.

^ Well I definitely feel our local (Playland) Haunted Mansion could do with a nice Sally Corp. make over, lol.*

*When I win the lottery!

Playland20.jpg.2db48865cbe8151fa2be6e41b8762964.jpg

It's still a great walk-through, but a Sally Corp. make over would make it more awesome!

• 2 months later...
That is awesome! We here in the US didn't get any of the eclipse.

I was up this morning hoping to see something.

I didn't get any of it where I am in the UK just overcast all day long. Even if I did get it though I certainly wouldn't have had a great view like to to experience it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be visiting Stockholm this May for a study abroad trip. Sunday, May 24, is my free day so I might take the opportunity to visit the park! Anybody have any suggestions on visiting? What will the crowds look like, any particular order of rides, how much time and money should be spent at the park? Great food spots at or around Gröna Lund or in Stockholm? Greatly appreciated!

I "heard" that this (or these) promo vids were banned in parts of Sweden!

"Too intense for television" was the reason given.

Is there any truth to this? Just curious, thanks.

The videos are awesome, by the way.

(I do notice the video title above, has the word "Uncensored" in it.)