TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

The Fritt Fall webcam has been replaced in favor of a ground view look at construction:

Once construction on the tower has risen out of frame, it wouldn't surprise me to see them switch back to the Fritt Fall cam or even a new one.

It also appears that the park is going to use its space to the fullest again...wonder what all they'll manage to fit beneath the loading platform (assuming it is indeed elevated as it currently appears).

^ It would most likely be either stalls/shops or the queue for the ride. There is a large area around the ride, but I'm sure that they want to keep as much as possible of it, since it's where the spectators would be for the main stage near by.

Thoughts:

-This looks like a fantastic addition. Star Flyers are great fun. Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. The view should be unreal.

-Gröna Lund was pretty damn awesome when I visited in 2009. I love how they keep adding to it. This park dispels FOREVER the idea that any park doesn't have room for quality additions.

-Sweden may be tiny, but they have two of the best parks anywhere.

This is drop tower non-fan friendly!

The view from Fritt Fall was fantastic. The only thing is that you had to drop down and perhaps land on your crotch. A view minus the agony and terror is something to look forward to.

I dunno--do you think it looks classy enough not painted Six Flags colors?

^ That was just a concept of what they could do if they were allowed to expand the park into the nearby parking lot.

So don't expect a B&M or Vekoma (more likely) to be built next, there is no space for one in the park as it is now, and by the reaction by the neighbours about that concept then there won't be any in the near future, unfortunately.

Liseberg have a better future with loads of potential space to expand, so if any park were to get one of those here in Sweden look to the west

^^^I know it's a bit improbable, but it looks awesome!

I mean, Daemonen at Tivoli Gardens was sweet, why wouldn't this be?

About the Starflyer: I think it's going to look a bit wierd against the Grona Skyline, but I guess I'm okay with it.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of like if Cedar Point built Top Thrill Dragster in the 80s.

I'm happy they're getting the terra-starflyer, but I'm bummed that the topper isn't going to be the one in the concept art, as it looked absolutely beautiful!

The Star Flyers are much nicer looking rides than the Widseekers, too--more style.