TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

They're getting the Starflyer AND a junior boomerang as well? I can't even imagine where they plan to squeeze this in if so, but I know they'll find a way. I can't wait to see how it turns out! The webcam shows they have the site prepped for said Starflyer. Either work has not begun for the coaster yet, or it is not in view of the webcam.

Well Duane doesn't put up new coasters for nothing so something must have made him believe they're building some boomerang.

If the park does add another coaster it does amaze me that one of the smaller amusements parks in nordic also have one of the most coasters in numbers, this will be the eight (even if almost all of them are family coasters) they're squeezing in.

IMHO and I stress the O. This looks like something they would do. If not now then in the future. And let's face facts, they have shoe horned much bigger rides into much smaller places. If there is any park in the world that could define optimization of space, it would be Grona Lund. Possibly Blackpool. Or Magic Mountain. Cause everyone keeps talking about how they're always running out of space.

IMHO and I stress the O. This looks like something they would do. If not now then in the future. And let's face facts, they have shoe horned much bigger rides into much smaller places. If there is any park in the world that could define optimization of space, it would be Grona Lund.

The Junior Boomerang was a proposal for the parking lot expansion I found out. It was chosen because the park were not allowed any big rides over there like the Xcelerator clone or the B&M invert they wanted. Instead they took it down to smaller rides.

If they could fit a Junior Boomerang in the current park, I can tell you that they would go with an El Loco or a Skyloop or something big, as they won't be able to put any of those in the new land (witch has lately been rumored to become an indoor park).

I have done some measurements in Google Earth, and while the boomerang is a really small ride, it won't fit in the "Extreme" area. But how are you all so sure that it must go in that specific area. It's a kiddy ride so why can't it go in another area of the park, like replacing something like Nyckelpigan (and maybe some other stuff).

Or it can be a huge misunderstanding and it will end up at Skara Sommarland, Furuvik or some other place, since they share the same owner, but rumours have placed it here since they had some concept art about it earlier this year.

Too bad that the images on Google Earth are so old, it would have been a lot easier since to judge the left space if it were to include all the changes that have been made since they were taken.

EDIT:

The Jr Boomerang were on www.Trips'N'Pics.com yesterday as a new ride for Gröna Lund, and even it they post really strange rumours about rides at parks they usually come true.

However they have removed the Boomerang so it may not be happening at this point.

I have done some measurements in Google Earth, and while the boomerang is a really small ride, it won't fit in the "Extreme" area. But how are you all so sure that it must go in that specific area. It's a kiddy ride so why can't it go in another area of the park, like replacing something like Nyckelpigan (and maybe some other stuff).

You're mistaken it for a "really small ride", witch it's not. The station and "coaster part" has the same messures as a wild mouse. Plus the two lift hills.

They could probably replace Nyckepligan with it, but then they have to take a few other things as well, witch I'm not sure they would do, as they would loose some of their oldest and most children friendly rides.

The ride is now gone from RCDB as well.

It felt a lot bigger when I rode it at Drayton earlier this year compared to the measurements I got from Google Earth. Sure it's about the size of a wild mouse, but I doubt that they wouldn't have that much problem to fit it in the park if they really wanted to. Just look at Twister. I'm pretty sure if they were to get rid of the Oldtimer Cars and Nyckelpigan I'm sure that they could easily fit it in that area.

^ Which is about the same I got in Google Earth.

I didn't really do this for exact measurements, but to get a feel on the rough size of the coaster so I could get a feel for it and see if there were space for it where Extreme were, but it was pretty clear that it couldn't be done.