TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

^ Sure, there are several potential smaller parks that have the possibility to expand easily, but it was more in response in having a park in Sweden investing in a B&M invert.

New video update on Eclipse:

This time we have a look on, the spire with the flag pole that will be attached on top, as well as work on the form for the concrete plate that will be the loading platform.

There are also some words about the safety of the ride, since he have received many concerns about it.

You can now choose between the ground-level Eclipse cam and the one on Fritt Fall on Grona Lund's website. Here is the Fritt Fall cam.

It's hard to imagine that Eclipse will soon be extending off the top of the screen here!

I may have missed this, but will the Starflyer be the tallest structure in Goteborg? I don't remember too many other tall buildings there.

Well, as Gröna Lund is in Stockholm, it would be hard to be the tallest structure in Gothenburg...

But it will be the second tallest in Stockholm, only beaten by The Kaknäs Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaknästornet)

Updated the initial announcement post with more information from the park's official press release including more ride stats and the inspiration for the ride's architecture.

Check it out here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1275465#p1275465

Edited by ernierocker

I may have missed this, but will the Starflyer be the tallest structure in Goteborg? I don't remember too many other tall buildings there.

Well, as Gröna Lund is in Stockholm, it would be hard to be the tallest structure in Gothenburg...

But it will be the second tallest in Stockholm, only beaten by The Kaknäs Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaknästornet)

It will still be the taller than all the buildings in Gothenburg, the tallest thing in Gothenburg is Liseberg's Atmosfear.

It will still be the taller than all the buildings in Gothenburg, the tallest thing in Gothenburg is Liseberg's Atmosfear.

Oops, where is my mind?! Thanks for the correction and information.

I'd imagine it'd be a crane that can be assembled/dismantled on site. The large one currently present in the webcam seems like it might be the same vehicle that has been there, just with larger arm sections attached onto it. They did something similar when dismantling the Pittfall last winter.

Does anyone know where the topscan went? Was it scrapped or what?

There was some speculation that it would go to Skara Sommarland, but they have announced that they will expand their water park again, after the success of the Proslide mat racer that went in last year.

It will be announced in early March what type of ride it will be (but I know that it will be Proslide again, and a source says it will be first of it's kind).

However, Furuvik, another of Parks & Resorts parks posted this image on their Facebook saying "Woow! A Helicopter platform in the tivoli, or what could it be??"

It could be another attraction, but it is most likely the Top Scan coming for 2013.

Does anyone know where the topscan went? Was it scrapped or what?

There was some speculation that it would go to Skara Sommarland, but they have announced that they will expand their water park again, after the success of the Proslide mat racer that went in last year.

It will be announced in early March what type of ride it will be (but I know that it will be Proslide again, and a source says it will be first of it's kind).

However, Furuvik, another of Parks & Resorts parks posted this image on their Facebook saying "Woow! A Helicopter platform in the tivoli, or what could it be??"

It could be another attraction, but it is most likely the Top Scan coming for 2013.

AAAhhh, could be.

Right here in my hometown. That would be an easy way to add more rides to Furuvik for small money. ( i guess)

Looks like all of the vertical construction is finished!

eclipsetoppedoff.jpg.4deb7cb6b1776de5ce58af5dfd08f587.jpg

Truthfully, it really doesn't look much taller than Fritt Fall from this angle, but still it is an impressive addition for the park.

Edited by Myself